The Watering Hole 10-28-2019 - Page 16 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2019, 12:23 PM
Rhody
Fire FighterEmergency Medical Technician NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia View Post
Unless it's a tactical cow, then it's okay.

R
Old 10-31-2019, 01:18 PM
62Ranger13
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Re: Broad shoulders, eh?

Ha! I don't know, maybe. I think it's more like I want to be available and in the moment while I can.

Pisces, and all that. We aim to please.

Old 10-31-2019, 01:21 PM
aztarget

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Rhody no big Halloween party this year?
Old 10-31-2019, 02:20 PM
Blackwolfe
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
42 and still rainin. Have about 2 inches maybe more in the last day and a half. Will continue into the evening possibly mixed with s### as the temperatures fall to a guessed low of 33 tonight. Winds increasing to 25-35 mph with gust to 40mph. Lakeshore flood warnings.

Weather should help keep the trick or treating varmints at bay tonight. Over the last few years the trick or treaters became overwhelmingly obnoxious. Not all, but many of them. Literally hundreds of kids that don't live anywhere close to the neighborhood. Traffic congestion from the parents driving at a snails pace pacing their vermin seed up and down the street. I'll be elsewhere. I'm turning into a grumpy, grouchy, ole geezer with little tolerance. If more of the kids behaved themselves I would maybe have a better attitude. Bah humbug.
Old 10-31-2019, 02:39 PM
Frank Eagles
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Wind blowing hard. 80 degrees!!!!!! Sun came out some now.

Went to Lowes Wake Forest and got 2X6's for steps. Checked and all lumber is pine. Of course they weighed tons as wet even though been inside for a while. Tarboro has an indoor [covered] lumber yard. Usually pretty dry lumber there. Put under shelter across front to back tractor tires. Should air dry faster there. Got camo spray paint. Will paint and then carry east.

Went to Sam's Club for gas. $2.26 a gallon. Harris Teeter was $2.43 and Rville BP and others is $2.39. That is strange as Rville gas is usually 10 cents higher than everyone else.

Sam's Club. Cheapest lunch ever. Monster hotdog and large drink was $1.50 plus tax.

Hawkeye, where do you live? Pretty photos.

Later.
Old 10-31-2019, 03:08 PM
dlong
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al the Infidel View Post
M9, half the fun is carving freehand and finding out what artistic talents one has buried within, or not.

I just called the PD to complain about the 2:25 p.m. kids getting out of school up just the street and their every day ritual of the pedal to metal launches from the stoplight 100yds away betwixt the school and I. Brick house abode with 3X pane windows and they're loud and big time speeding when they roar by. We're sick and tired ovit and not gonna take it anymore!!
Does your house usually get egged??
......Tom Petty
Old 10-31-2019, 03:20 PM
dbmjr1
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
M9, half the fun is carving freehand and finding out what artistic talents one has buried within, or not.

I just called the PD to complain about the 2:25 p.m. kids getting out of school up just the street and their every day ritual of the pedal to metal launches from the stoplight 100yds away betwixt the school and I. Brick house abode with 3X pane windows and they're loud and big time speeding when they roar by. We're sick and tired ovit and not gonna take it anymore!!
They say ex smokers are the most militant anti smokers.

I guess the same holds true for muscle cars and Mopar Burnout Infidels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aztarget View Post
What the heck is with you all saying that I look like a pumpkin?
In my defense; I said that the Jack O Lantern did not look like you.

Gun shop was busy. That's a good thing.
I think I just got a replacement stock for my Universal Carbine. The one I have is broken at the wrist, and repaired with glue and a screw.
I'm shocked at what the Universals are selling for these days, so a $75 stock will be a good investment.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Old 10-31-2019, 03:21 PM
aztarget

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:

Maybe you need this on your street.

Old 10-31-2019, 03:35 PM
Wayne Sihler

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
So now temps up to mid 70,s, Winds steadily climbing, rain to the west.Leaves coming down like snow.Have been advised by Sherrif ,s office that we are under a Tornado watch until 9 pm. Heavy rain & wind also.

Tried to get pics of the colorful trees before its all gone for the year.Rain put a damper on that.
Starting to lay in a supply of peanut oil for the turkey frying....$8 per gal.
Old 10-31-2019, 03:47 PM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlong View Post
Does your house usually get egged??
We got waxed once in the beginning. Its a bit busy so the yutes stay pretty much away except for the high school walkers which aren't many.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aztarget View Post
Maybe you need this on your street.

Oldie but goodie!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbmjr1 View Post
They say ex smokers are the most militant anti smokers.

I guess the same holds true for muscle cars and Mopar Burnout Infidels.
Only on the highway.

Short nap time's over and still feels like Friday.

We haven't gotten up to 30˚ for a couple days now with leaves approx 3/4 down.

Did Sophia see any horns today? Al wondered to himself with a prying mind @ 26˚.
Old 10-31-2019, 03:47 PM
Wayne Sihler

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I just called the PD to complain about the 2:25 p.m. kids getting out of school up just the street and their every day ritual of the pedal to metal launches from the stoplight 100yds away betwixt the school and I. Brick house abode with 3X pane windows and they're loud and big time speeding when they roar by. We're sick and tired ovit and not gonna take it anymore!! [/QUOTE]

Aah...the sound of a 4bbl at speed...something most kids will never hear the chirp of the tires at the 1>2 and 2>3 shift,How the sound carries on the cool damp air of the river bottom........sounds of my youth...
Old 10-31-2019, 04:00 PM
gewehrfreund
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (38)
Quote:

Did Sophia see any horns today? Al wondered to himself with a prying mind @ 26˚.
Maybe, if she is hunting pronghorns. Otherwise she'll be looking for antlers.

Sorry, just one of my petty peeves when it comes to bubbas n huntin.
Old 10-31-2019, 04:05 PM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Sihler View Post
Aah...the sound of a 4bbl at speed...something most kids will never hear the chirp of the tires at the 1>2 and 2>3 shift,How the sound carries on the cool damp air of the river bottom........sounds of my youth...
Diesel trucks with automatics with one sounding like straight pipes. Its 25 mph and a rather busy street with our Med Center on one of the street light corners.
Old 10-31-2019, 05:28 PM
Szumi
US Marines NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Another rite of winter begun. The first slushy drive to work, I was passed by a semi throwing a bow wave of blinding slush, I held back as I left early and I know my limitations. The snow tires are still in the shed and now it will be two weeks until I can get them put on though I'll check with my tire lady in a week. I know better to ask after the first snew.

Nice deer Mayor. Glad to read he was DRT.

Snow cover at work, at home I see most of the grass. I've turned off the outside lights, I haven't had a non family trick or treater years, don't care to have any tonight. I do have lots of quarters to give out in lieu of candy if pressed.

Amazon didn't like my favorable review of the toggled led bulbs because I mentioned how wasteful amazons packaging was. I picked up another pair at Home Depot tonight.

If you like your Constitution, you can keep your Constitution.

Last edited by Szumi; 10-31-2019 at 05:32 PM.
Old 10-31-2019, 05:28 PM
Hawkeye57

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Eagles View Post

Hawkeye, where do you live? Pretty photos.

Later.
Born & raised in the East Juniata section of Altoona Pa, and now live across the street in the Township.
If my memory is correct, you are a railroad buff.
Altoona Terminal was the largest railroad repair shop in the world at one time, and considered home of the Horseshoe Curve.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horses..._(Pennsylvania)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Altoona_Works

Quite often when you drive across a bridge in town the walkway has a few out of town buffs set up taking pictures of the track system and shops that still remain.
Closed Thread