Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-30-2019, 01:00 PM
eversr007

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Tikka T1X Build suggestions

Hi everyone. I finally got the T1X 22lr and was curious what everyones opinions where on a few things. Want to shoot long range and then try to shoot in some local competitions. I bought it also to be a trainer for my T3X Tac A1 in 6.5 creedmore.
I want to change the stock and only option I keep seeing is the KRG Bravo. So here is what I was thinking about putting on it. Would love to hear everyones thoughts.

Stock/Chassis- KRG Bravo
Bipod - Atlas
Scope - Athlon Argos BTR 6-24X50/or SWFA 10x42
Suppressor - Silencerco Sparrow or Dead Air Mask

I would love to put on a Nightforce ATACR 7-35x56 but going to have to wait a bit on that. Is there any good optics that turrets tract accurate and have good glass. I thought I would try the Athlon. Thanks
Old 10-30-2019, 02:24 PM
idgunnut

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Sounds like a really nice setup, ag composite and McMillan make some nice stocks for it as well along with the grs stocks, I love the way the bifrost looks
Old 10-30-2019, 06:04 PM
DavoM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Think that would be a very neat set up. Can comment personally on couple of items and indirectly on another.
The Atlas is an excellent bipod and I have one on my 6.5x47. Rock solid and very adjustable. Worth the dollars IMO.
I have the Athlon Ares BTR so not Argos. Mounted in my .22 1710 and it has been a very good scope for the money. We shoot comp out to 200 (Precision/KYL style) and it has been excellent so far. Lots of features including getting zero stop which is important for our comp.
My son and another shooter use the Athlon Midas and both are happy with their purchase. One is atop a Tikka T1x and the other on a 1712.
A fellow shooter has just put his T1x into a Bravo and while his scores haven't changed much yet he feels that ergonomically it suits him better - lop, adjustable cheek piece etc. Had his first outing last shoot so early days but he is impressed so far. My feeling is that we may see more Bravos on the line as a result. Several folks have them on centrefires already and they shoot .22 as well.

Cheers dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-31-2019, 10:42 AM
Jack_L

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I dropped mine into an Oryx chassis:
https://oryxchassis.com/

Put a section of pic rail on the front of the fore-end for bipod attachment and a short RRS/Arca dovetail rail on the rear of the fore-end.
https://www.magpul.com/products/m-lo...uctColor=VO343

Swapped the included grip for a more vertical grip (Hogue 15 degree).

Dropped on the 30 MOA rail from Area 419, since this setup is specifically built for use out to 400 yards.
https://www.area419.com/product/tikka-t1x-scope-rail/

Dropped on my NF 7-35x ATACR from my T3x (which hasn't been seeing much use over the past couple of years when I got into precision gas gun stuff), and while the Tremor 3 is not particularly applicable to the job of the T1x, the scope is one of my favorite things in the world. Found a used Vortex Viper PST Gen 2 3-15x (mil/mil) that I put on a 10/22 that I have found to be pretty good, but it really needs a 30 MOA cant due to the internal travel limitations for anything past 200, but that's a whole different story. Used the American Rifle Co 34mm rings from Area 419 for the NF, no complaints.

Overall I have been satisfied with the setup, but I'm still trying to find the ammo that it works best with. Have Center-X, Tenex, and Midas+ on the way. Did not get what I was hoping for from X-Act, and while SK Pistol Match Special was decent it was irregular enough at 200 for me to keep looking to see if there is improvement to be had.

Last edited by Jack_L; 11-03-2019 at 11:44 AM. Reason: Correction
Old 11-01-2019, 01:23 PM
Paul_T

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eversr007 View Post
Stock/Chassis- KRG Bravo
Bipod - Atlas
Scope - Athlon Argos BTR 6-24X50/
Here is that exact setup on mine with the addition of an IBI barrel.
Add an Area 419 front spigot and Area 419 Atlas Bipod mount as well - plus an ARCA Rail.

DIP 25MOA rail, Burris XTR Signature rings with another 25MOA added with the inserts.

The Athlon Argos is good glass for the price, the turrets don't quite line up with the hash marks on it is my only criticism. Turret Tracking is just fine.
If I was to do it again I probably would have upgraded to the Ares.

Last edited by Paul_T; 11-01-2019 at 01:33 PM.
Old 11-01-2019, 07:53 PM
DaleSalmon

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_T View Post

The Athlon Argos is good glass for the price, the turrets don't quite line up with the hash marks on it is my only criticism. Turret Tracking is just fine.
If I was to do it again I probably would have upgraded to the Ares.

Is your parallax hard to turn? My buddy and his dad have 3 Athlons...ALL of them have left side knobs that are a bear to turn.
Old 11-01-2019, 09:53 PM
Paul_T

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleSalmon View Post
Is your parallax hard to turn? My buddy and his dad have 3 Athlons...ALL of them have left side knobs that are a bear to turn.
No mine is quite smooth.

Similar to a couple of Bushnell Elites I have on other rifles.

I have a Sightron S-TAC on my CZ455 that is a real bugger to turn.
Old 11-02-2019, 12:40 AM
DavoM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleSalmon View Post
The Ares I have is very smooth as well.
Old 11-04-2019, 10:38 AM
Nebbiolo

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have the old Midas BTR's on both of my rimfires (T1X and a Savage A22) and they are a great value - same glass as old Ares, but SFP. Think you can still find a few of them around for about half price. For points of reference, glass quality, to me, is equivalent to a Vortex PST Gen2, just below the best Bushnell 30mm scopes, but well below a Leupold VX6HD. At 50yds, the Midas can show texture of paper - at 100 yds, the wrong colored sticker (green or light blue 1/2" dots) can show some blur around the edges. Orange and red seem to be more sharp. Depends on the level of detail you want / need, but I wouldn't go lower quality than the Midas/Ares glass. Higher quality glass, I also believe to be a waste for, say, CCI SV out of a production gun. The limiting factor for accuracy in that case is not the glass.
Old 11-04-2019, 12:51 PM
DRAGON64
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Here is an Athlon option if you like accessorizing your rifle:

http://www.scope-werks.com/viewcategory.php?groupid=41
Old 11-07-2019, 06:01 PM
catbird

TPC Rating: 
100% (10)
The cans you mentioned are quite good. Don't ignore the TacSol Axiom. It is a fine solution, too.
Old 11-15-2019, 06:52 PM
kisssofdeath

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Here are my T1x set ups.