https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...stols&_sacat=0
Old 10-10-2019, 03:39 PM
RickClark28
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahRogers01 View Post
Will let you know. I just bought the "Stainless Steel Guide Rod Assembly for Ruger SR22 Pistols - Galloway Precision" and it went in with no issues. Will give you a report when I get to the range. I had no issues with the Ruger guide rod just wanted to see if the Galloway metal rod made any difference. My SR22 runs flawless and just wanted to put the metal one in. Update to follow. Others here and some range friends have put them in their SR22's and they have had NO issues. Curious to see what effect this has on my ammo selection. Mostly CCI. Can't wait to try it on different ammo. Love this Ruger.
Old 10-10-2019, 03:55 PM
RickClark28

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Anyone have any ammo issues after replacing the guide rod assembly with the Galloway metal guide rod assembly? What changes if any did you come across? Going next week to range with my SR22 and looking forward to trying ammo. Mostly use CCI Mini Mags, Blazzer and CCI SV. (and others with no issues just some more accurate than others)
Old 10-15-2019, 07:13 PM
jstert
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
aftermarket recoil spring guides?

fyi about galloway captured spring, steel guide rod for ruger sr22: it unscrews itself at muzzle end after 500-1000 rounds, making gun inoperative. i contacted galloway without luck. so...at every cleaning i ensure that the galloway guide rod is screwed in tight, and my oem plastic guide rod and spring now always comes with my sr22.

the sr22 is a truly fine “goldilocks” pistol. mine regularly flies with this snowbird for plinking fun and protection.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 10-16-2019, 08:58 AM
RickClark28

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstert View Post
fyi about galloway captured spring, steel guide rod for ruger sr22: it unscrews itself at muzzle end after 500-1000 rounds, making gun inoperative. i contacted galloway without luck. so...at every cleaning i ensure that the galloway guide rod is screwed in tight, and my oem plastic guide rod and spring now always comes with my sr22.
the sr22 is a truly fine “goldilocks” pistol. mine regularly flies with this snowbird for plinking fun and protection

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks for the heads up. Going to give a try and will report back with findings.
Have a great day!
Rick
Old 10-16-2019, 03:15 PM
RickClark28

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Went to range after installing the Galloway Stainless Steel guide rod. Had issues with the SR22 hanging up after first and sometimes second shot. Would not feed and the upper failed to move forward after the first or second round. Tried multiple magazines and could not get the SR22 to cycle. I put the original guide rod assembly back in and it ran flawless as it did before. Decided to keep original in and ran 250 rounds of ammo with out fail. Will go back to the drawing board on this and may try another attempt when I get more flexible range time. I love this Ruger SR22 and may decide just to leave well enough alone.
Old 10-19-2019, 01:01 PM
RickClark28

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Had more time at the range without it being busy and installed the "Galloway Stainless Steel guide rod assembly" again. This time it ran and cycled without issue. I only tested with 100 rounds of CCI Mini Mags CPRN for this test and will return with more ammo for a more rigorous test before keeping the metal guide rod. This test was more out of being curious than anything else. The original guide rod assembly works great in both of our SR22's but just had to see for myself if the Galloway metal rod would run. Several range friends have Galloways in theirs for several years now without any issue. Our daughter has the TK in hers and it runs as advertised as well.
Old 11-20-2019, 05:49 PM
RickClark28

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Update: Had x3 range trips with Galloway Stainless Steel guide rod assembly installed with a total of 475 rounds and had no issues except when testing CCI SV 40gr 1070fps. (SV had feeding issues)
All other range ammo worked well as before the install.
CCI MINI MAG 22LR CPRN 40gr. fps 1235
CCI MINI MAG 22LR CPHP 36gr. fps 1260
Blazer 22LR 38gr. 1235fps. LRN
Blazer 22LR 40gr LRN 1255fps
Remington Golden Bullet 22LR 40gr. 1255fps. Plated RN
Old Yesterday, 08:31 PM
Roadrat
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
92% (7)
Question: Is there anything wrong with the parts that come in the SR22??
Why are their replacements available??