Help Gizzy - Page 5 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-03-2019, 09:09 AM
David Valdina
US Marines Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Barefoot Bay, Florida and Cape Cod, Massachusetts
TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Get the eyes fixed and get back to talking about guns...

Don't get me wrong, I have been helpful from the start, and I know we all have medical issues, but I look forward to Gizzy's eyes getting fixed so we can get away from talking about our medical problems and get back to talking about fun things.
Old 10-03-2019, 11:31 AM
1917-1911M
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmd1950 View Post
While not life threatening I'm pretty much up to my eyeballs with two contractors, pushing the wife to pick out flooring, plumber, electrician, living at friends while needing to be at the house to herd cats and then yesterday dealing with a Crown that came off and then the Dentist saying it needs a Root Canal before the new Crown. So forgive me, lol.

My Understanding is likely Sunday is the dead line, I'm only able to get a little computer time in the morning and about an hour in the evenings...perhaps he'll see this and let me know for certain.

Oh and my Type II diabetes doesn't like stress and I know yours likely doesn't either.
Stay after it Gerald. I was flipping houses before the word was invented....first one built in 1907, Louisville, KY. Did 99% of the work myself, then a brick farm house near Madison, IN. That house was build in 1816, the year Indiana became a State. Then a 1950 brick Cape Cod.....all of which is to say....I know exactly what you are doing and going through. And, you have to stay on top of it or someone will do something wrong. Good luck with it, in the end you will have some enjoyable improvements.

David, when you get the age of some of us....that becomes one of the topics of discussion...aggravating I know. You should have heard the conversation at the restaurant the other night. I must have said three times in an attempt to change the direction of the discussion... "Man, we sound like a bunch of old people," with all this discussion of medicines and tests. I hear you, we'll move on soon and Gizzy will get up to speed. Been an interesting discussion as far as I'm concerned as I never knew anything about go fund me. 1917
Old 10-03-2019, 02:11 PM
David Valdina
US Marines Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Barefoot Bay, Florida and Cape Cod, Massachusetts
TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
A bit more on the topics of conversation...

Yup, I hear you 1911. While all us old people are bobbing around in the swimming pool talking about our ailments, I will never join in and when I get tired enough of it will say something like, "Boy are we all getting old, remember when we would like to talk about cars, motorcycles, girls..." And sometimes the subject would change. If it doesn't, I will go to the deep end of the pool and swim a bit. Way too depressing for my tastes.
Old 10-03-2019, 02:14 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
While not life threatening I'm pretty much up to my eyeballs with two contractors, pushing the wife to pick out flooring, plumber, electrician, living at friends while needing to be at the house to herd cats and then yesterday dealing with a Crown that came off and then the Dentist saying it needs a Root Canal before the new Crown. So forgive me, lol.

My Understanding is likely Sunday is the dead line, I'm only able to get a little computer time in the morning and about an hour in the evenings...perhaps he'll see this and let me know for certain.

Oh and my Type II diabetes doesn't like stress and I know yours likely doesn't either.
When it rains it pours.
......Tom Petty
Old 10-03-2019, 05:44 PM
gmd1950
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (27)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlong View Post
When it rains it pours.
Truth Sir...the framers finished up today, the electrician has done his thing, HVAC boys have the main stage tomorrow and then the inspectors have to sign off on everything. Now the wife wants to knock out a half wall in the dining room.

Got a PM from the Matching Contributor, he's good to go through at least Sunday or his $3000 top out so throw your coins in folks.
Old 10-03-2019, 06:45 PM
1917-1911M
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Houses used to have a lot of walls and doors when there wasn't central heat. That way rooms that weren't being used could be closed off. At my farm house I removed at least six doors and three walls. Nope, hasn't fallen in yet. These TV shows have gone bananas with it though and you cannot remodel a house for $30K. That won't even cover a kitchen. Oh, guess that half wall of Gerald's is out by now. 1917
Old 10-03-2019, 06:49 PM
1917-1911M
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizzy View Post
I remember the days of car stereo and speaker shopping. Now, today's cars you cannot upgrade hardly anything but the suspension and exhaust...lol And at our age, if you try to talk about a girl, someone calls you.... strange, or worse.
Gizzy, cars these days can be tuned but what you tune up to a point is the computer in them. Computers control everything....fuel flow, ignition timing and a whole lot more. Heck my camera has a computer in it and one in the lenses. They all benefit from updating when the Company makes upgrades. Computerized scope contraptions will take the guess work and skill out of marksmanship with firearms one day. 1917
Old 10-04-2019, 04:51 AM
gmd1950
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (27)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1917-1911M View Post
. Oh, guess that half wall of Gerald's is out by now. 1917
Not yet but I'm not betting against it happening, every day she comes up with a couple of more "we could's" I may have put a stop to it last night when I asked when she was kicking in her share of the funding, so far we've just been raiding my funds.
Old 10-04-2019, 01:12 PM
RJF22553
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
$100 in for you, Gizzy. Gift of sight is hard to beat!
Old 10-06-2019, 11:14 AM
pipestone
US Marines Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (19)
Lets get him there folks

Maranatha-
pipestone
Old 10-07-2019, 04:12 PM
STEEL SHOOTER
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Wink Good luck

Appreciate all your helpful advise sir .
Old 10-07-2019, 08:34 PM
gmd1950

TPC Rating: 
100% (27)
As of a few minutes ago the Challenger has matched funds and it stands at $6170, wonderful...Challenger you are the Man. Gizzy, so happy this has worked out so well. All contributors should be proud of themselves for helping another member, especially one who has helped so many himself.
Old 10-07-2019, 08:51 PM
gmd1950

TPC Rating: 
100% (27)
NEWS FLASH, Challenger just texted me that its still on up to a $3000 total for him.
Old 10-07-2019, 09:48 PM
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
NEWS FLASH, Challenger just texted me that its still on up to a $3000 total for him.
I will contribute the same amount as previously sent via check. The first check hasn't cleared my bank yet, so I'm making sure all is good before sending the second check.
Old 10-07-2019, 10:08 PM
Gizzy
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (148)
I cannot beieve rhis, and if I mess up here, I cannot read what I type, so if I speell it right, I got lucky. I want to thank everyone. I have no words to say how greatful I am. My daughter did say, since I know nothng about the go fyund me eityher, that they do take a fee out. How much I do noty know, when after my surgery, which I can get scheduled now, I will still havwe to get glasses after its all done... u7nless I am extremely lucky like my uncle, who does not need to wear any at all., buit my fathwer did. Thpose will be $300-$400. I syill have anothe batch of scopes to sell yo get me through the end of oct/ and half way through november. But still... it seerms like forever, but its only been a tad over a month. To me, that is a HUIGE ammount of money all of you have donated. I can find the post, but have a hard time reasing what you all write, so I am sorry as my good eye has just about had it. So hopfeully by the time I get the one done, there will be anough to get the last one, and I can start looking for work again. Shpooting again. Working on guns again. Just going fishing will make me happy.

I tyhink I will have 5 more scopes to sell, and thats to help pay my monthyly bills. JUst not sure if I can see well enough to get good pics of them to post.

Again, thabnk you to all of you for what you have all donme for me.