T1X followed me home, almost. - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 07-16-2019, 11:49 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Anyone have a pick of Burris Signature medium rings with a 40mm-42mm scope. I was about to order and do not have experience with these rings. thnx
Old 07-16-2019, 01:49 PM
flangster

TPC Rating: 
100% (33)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cahillxd View Post
Is this a T3 or T3x stock? Any modification required?
I had to do about 1/16 inch of filing with a wood rasp on the inside of the stock by the magwell. Also, I chose a bull barrel channel, and there is a gap on either side of the bbls forward of the receiver. If a close fit is important to you, you'd want the Sporter profile, and then hog out the bbls channel to you exact needs. I like it though.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
Old 07-16-2019, 03:09 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeker View Post
Anyone have a pick of Burris Signature medium rings with a 40mm-42mm scope. I was about to order and do not have experience with these rings. thnx
That is what I have on mine...the rings with the "0" inserts. The Burris model number is 4520554. Used them to mount a 6-18X40 Leupold Mark AR Mod-1 on my T1X. The objective clears the barrel by about 3/16th. In fact, those are the only rings I have used to mount scopes (all 40 mm Leupolds) on my CZ rimfires. On the CZs, the objective clears the barrel by about 1/16th". The inserts can make getting the ring screws started a bit fiddly, but it can be done and the inserts prevent marring. I contacted Burris and they sent me some longer screws-made it easier.
Old 07-16-2019, 03:50 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by beelu View Post
That is what I have on mine...the rings with the "0" inserts. The Burris model number is 4520554. Used them to mount a 6-18X40 Leupold Mark AR Mod-1 on my T1X. The objective clears the barrel by about 3/16th. In fact, those are the only rings I have used to mount scopes (all 40 mm Leupolds) on my CZ rimfires. On the CZs, the objective clears the barrel by about 1/16th". The inserts can make getting the ring screws started a bit fiddly, but it can be done and the inserts prevent marring. I contacted Burris and they sent me some longer screws-made it easier.
Very good. Thank you!
Old 08-04-2019, 07:20 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Finally got the t1x to the range today. It is showing alot of promise right out of the box. Below is the target from a shortened session before the rain came, but 1st the excuses. I was overserved Saturday night by my alter ego, so i was a little shaky early in the morn. The rest is a caldwell 7. Light weight and functional, but not super steady. Plus, i forgot my sand bags. Then the dude right next to me was uncorking 303 British like the Kaiser was down range. I'm not sure he knew where they were going, but hey, he's enjoying himself. I semi broke the barrel in with 5 rnds, clean, and repeat for 50 rnds. The clouds started to move in so i put up a target.
Top line is Elay Edge.
2nd line is Remington match eps.
3rd is norma match.
Bottom is lapua center-x.
I would have liked to work more with the lapua, but the skies opened up and it was time to vamoose.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Old 09-22-2019, 01:52 PM
Fstop2860

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Maybe I just got a lemon, but for the life of me I cannot give the T1X a rating better than a poor plastic piece of inaccurate junk. No way does this gun have the nerve to be compared to CZ or any other high quality Rifle.
Old 09-24-2019, 09:02 AM
kwb377
Law Enforcement Officer

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fstop2860 View Post
Maybe I just got a lemon, but for the life of me I cannot give the T1X a rating better than a poor plastic piece of inaccurate junk. No way does this gun have the nerve to be compared to CZ or any other high quality Rifle.
Can you elaborate on the issues you're having?
Old 09-24-2019, 08:02 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Strange thing is that you have never posted anything about it, and the only topic you have posted on is CZ's
Old 09-25-2019, 08:35 AM
AlCook

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Not sure if you still have it, but all Tikkas come with an 1 MOA or better guarantee- 100 meters for centerfire and 50 meters for rimfire. If it's shooting poorly, I'd send it back.
Old 10-02-2019, 06:47 AM
Fstop2860

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Reply to Al,s message:

Hello Al the Tika that I have is not getting any better and still waiting for a return call from them. The biggest proble I encountered with it was erratic groups approx 3 to 5 inches at 50 yds regardless with whatever ammo I was using, then feeding issues along with occasional ejection issues. I also tried to lighten up trigger pull and had a terrible time getting it disasembled. And I guess all the plastic was a major disappointment with me. All I know I have never encountered these problems with CZ, Browning’s, or Anschutz? I may just take it back where I bought it and trade it in. Thanks for your post and good shooting to you and all others on this website. This website is really great along with all its members.
Old 10-02-2019, 10:28 AM
AlCook

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Fstop2860 - Definitely give Beretta a call. I had an issue with ejecting and feeding. Got in contact with them and they sent UPS right to my door to pick it up, and UPS came right to my door to return it.

The magazine was replaced. They said they couldn't find anything causing my ejection issues and said that it was probably ammo related. They included an empty box- think it was American Eagle, of what they ran through it. I did run several brands of ammunition through it when I had the problems, so will see about that. The turnaround time was about a month. Haven't gotten back out to test the rifle or the new magazine yet, but hopefully will soon. If memory serves, I think the ejection issues were getting worse as I went on, so maybe I need to pull the bolt out every so often and clean wipe the bolt face clean? Will see.

Not that what I say matters much, but do your best not to lose heart in it yet. From everything I've been reading on them, they are great rifles capable of great accuracy. See if they can make it right for you.

Last edited by AlCook; 10-02-2019 at 10:38 AM.
Old 10-03-2019, 01:13 PM
chilly807

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
It's an unusual ejection system for a rimfire, in that there's no "post" for the head of the cartridge to hit. Instead, it works like many centerfire rifles, the spring wire presses on the left side of the case as it's withdrawn from the chamber. When the case mouth clears the chamber, the spring flicks the empty out of the action.
My experience has been that pulling the bolt back more slowly and deliberately results in more positive ejection, directly opposite to most rimfires that I'm used to.
You don't have to go ridiculously slowly, just give it more time.
Your accuracy issues are unusual, mine is an absolute nail driver.
I swapped my Tupperware stock right out of the box, for a T3 Hunter walnut stock I had on hand. It makes for a good looking solid feeling rifle.
My CZ 452 hasn't been out of the safe since I got the Tikka.
Old 10-03-2019, 01:53 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeker View Post
LGS had one on shelf for a good price. Had to make some moves, but after all the love it has gotten on RCF, I brought it home. Well, brought it to work. My anniversary is next weekend and I'm gonna wait till after then to actually bring it home. Pretty excited about this rifle. A lot of good things being said.
Sounds like you are following the old adage. Easier to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission.
Old 10-03-2019, 03:06 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aztarget View Post
Sounds like you are following the old adage. Easier to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission.
Yep

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk