October 2019 25 Yard Scoped CZ/BRNO Rimfire Benchrest Match - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 09-30-2019, 05:21 PM
Danny Creasy
US Air Force

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
October 2019 25 Yard Scoped CZ/BRNO Rimfire Benchrest Match

Guidelines:

CZ or BRNO scoped sporters – less than or equal to 9.0 lbs when weighed with the magazine removed. The CZ 452 and 455 Varmint should qualify unless your glass and rings are more than 2 pounds, but as far as BRNO Models 3 and 4 -- sorry guys, you'll have to step up to the 50 yard distance.

Any safe trigger. Maximum magnification of 9x on the scope. (Those with variable scopes set them to 9x or lower).

No aftermarket barrels or stocks — only CZ's original stocks and barrels. It is also prohibited to swap the stocks of different CZ models such as taking the stock from a Varmint and putting it on a Trainer. If one has damaged his/her original CZ stock, they may order the same exact factory replacement stock for their specific model. There are other BR games on RFC for dramatically altered rifles. We are trying to encourage competition with unmodified or minimally modified scoped CZ sporters. As to custom stock bedding performed on a factory stock, no compound-bedding allowed, pillared or non, and plain pillar bedding is prohibited as well.

Target is the USBR Target (The Green Monster)

22 long rifle

Fired from a benchrest using front and rear support, must be free recoiling (no gun vises), but a bi-pod is fine if the shooter prefers.

Distance to target is 25 yards

Time limit - 1 hour for unlimited sighters and the 25 rounds for score

You can shoot on an indoor range if it is your only option, but please report that fact in your post.

You can post multiple targets if each is fired with a different CZ. For example, a shooter could post one with her CZ Varmint and another with her CZ American and a third with a scoped Ultra Lux! You may shoot up to FOUR targets with EACH rifle and post the highest score fired with each one.

Post a pic of your target (required) and the equipment you used (recommended) in this thread by October 31, 2019. There will be a new match next month and every month thereafter during our shooting season of April through December.

Honor system, and we couldn't ask for a more honorable bunch.

Wind flags are fine. I usually tie a piece of bright streamer or the like to a hammered-in stake.

Use this format to post your score(s):

10/31/19 Boo!
244-6X
Corky Manhattan
CZ 455 American, Weaver V-16 (set on 9X), Eley Sport
Sand bags front and rear
Temps in 70s under clouds and gusty winds

How to score:

A homemade scoring/plugging board is helpful:

TARGETS?

Good question!

http://www.americantargetcompany.com...us_targets.asp

(third row down on the right)

Last edited by Danny Creasy; 10-01-2019 at 10:49 AM.
Old 10-01-2019, 09:30 AM
National Guard Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Shot two targets with my 457 varmint this morning. If things don't improve it's going to be a loooong month.
Dan
Old 10-01-2019, 02:21 PM
Squirrelbark
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Yep, we may have trouble beating Corky Manhattan this month, he's already got a 244-6X and he's not even real. Imagine what he may post by the end of the month!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2019, 03:23 PM
CaptBill252

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks, Moderator.!!!
You got rid of that Photobucket shadow.
Now we amateurs can read the rules.
Nice.
Old 10-01-2019, 04:58 PM
Danny Creasy
US Air Force

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptBill252 View Post
Thanks, Moderator.!!!
You got rid of that Photobucket shadow.
Now we amateurs can read the rules.
Nice.
Go Imgur!

I wish someone had pointed that out to me earlier. I just noticed the photobucket sabotage as I bookkeepered this month’s reports. I simply copy the last month’s OP and change the dates. I switched to Imgur quite a while back, but these OPs have been around for two or three years.

Note, I’m not a moderator... just an old RFCer.

Last edited by Danny Creasy; 10-01-2019 at 07:10 PM.
Old 10-03-2019, 10:22 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
target 4 457 varmint

1522steelshooter (Dan)
10/3/19
248 9X
457 varmint Mueller 8x32 @ 9X
Rock BR front Protektor rear
SK rifle match
Sunny calm 75f
IMG_0865 (2).jpg

IMG_0866 (2).jpg

Last edited by 1522steelshooter; 10-03-2019 at 12:56 PM. Reason: add
Old 10-03-2019, 10:31 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Learned a little something yesterday. A rifle has a tendency to be more accurate if the scope is not moving on the dovetail.
Old 10-03-2019, 10:55 AM
Squirrelbark

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Always use (the removable with tools strength) Loc-tite on scope bases and rings. You will not regret it if you do. You eventually will regret it if you don't.
Old 10-03-2019, 11:12 AM
lasttombstone
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Foul....... ARGGGGGG....... Targets like that should be held till the last day of the month to post. It is just toooooo depressing to those of us who languish in the 246 range. All hope for the month of October is gone.

Just kidding steelshooter. That's a mighty fine target and that last 9 had to be a ball buster. Heck of a way to start the month off so it looks like you are headed for a 250 before the end of the month.
Old 10-03-2019, 12:55 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Lee I would say that you and a lot of others are as likely if not more likely than I to shoot a 250. That's why I posted early it's the only way I can be sure to lead for a while.

Last edited by 1522steelshooter; 10-03-2019 at 01:00 PM. Reason: typo
Old 10-03-2019, 01:00 PM
Squirrelbark

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I know how ya feel, lastombstone. But there's something to be said for knowing what score you have to shoot to beat the leader. Look, you don't have to shoot a 250 or even a 249 now be beat the current score. All ya need to do is shoot like you normally do and then have two hits more to win. Just shoot your normal way and then kill two squirrels in a row more and you will beat steelshooter's score.

Yesterday I started to shoot a Green Monster and I messed up the very first row, so I switched rifles and used the rest of the bulls to get a good zero on my squirrel rifle. I was even shooting X's with it by the time I got it adjusted. It amazes me that my hunting ammo, Fiocchi Subsonic Hollow Point, shoots almost as well as the SK. This is what I've been looking for in a good HP Subsonic for a few years now. And it really expands and knocks'em graveyard dead. The groundhogs I shot with it this summer, their souls were already with their Maker before their bodies hit the ground.

I ended up being almost glad that I shot that 9 on the first row.
Old 10-03-2019, 01:10 PM
lasttombstone
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
I know what you mean about that first row Squirrelbark. I had to do 6 of 12 targets like that last month. I've started using some of the small, orange stick on targets to cover the center and use the old targets to practice with to extend my supply. It's still high 90s here till tomorrow then I get some good shooting weather in the 70s for a few days. Hope that helps me out some.
Old 10-03-2019, 01:23 PM
CaptBill252

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Nice target, Mr. Steelshooter.
You raised the bar mighty high.

I took delivery of a Tack Driver front rest and a Protsctor rear rest, yesterday.

Too hot in Eastern NC right now to shoot.
Old 10-03-2019, 01:52 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I normally shoot between 9 and 10 AM before it gets so hot and before the wind gets up. It's supposed to get a little cooler before long. I would start a little earlier but I don't want to wake any neighbors.
Old 10-04-2019, 06:38 AM
SourMash77

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Great target Steelshooter! Squirrelbark, you make it sound too easy to just "kill two more squirrels than normal"