Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 09-27-2019, 12:13 AM
IcySwan1
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
IZH Grip Safety

I shoot Bullseye and can't disable it. Depressing it so the gun fires makes for a goofy grip and is not always successful. Any tips on how to extend the lever or otherwise make it easier to engage?

Mike
Old 10-01-2019, 07:03 PM
stephen_maly

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
grip safety

I have not read any complaints about the grip safety on a Colt 1911. People find a way to live with it. I expect there are people who have removed the grip safety on an IZH 35M pistol and found a way to make it work. It just requires an amount of mechanical cleverness, but since the purpose of it is actually for the safety of competitors, why not clamp an extension to it any carry on.
Old 10-01-2019, 11:04 PM
IcySwan1
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I would love to clamp an extension to it, but I don't have that mechanical cleverness. Any tips?

Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2019, 10:24 AM
iceweazel
US Navy Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I used to have one of these, and I'm in the middle of waiting for a new one to arrive at the FFL. Always liked the trigger.

Maybe my grip is different, but I never had an issue with the placement of the safety. I've seen people wedge cardboard into the slot, and tape it in place using a loop all the way around the grip frame or double sided tape jammed in with the safety. (that tends to let go at the worst time)

I imagine I could take the part that sticks out and make a sideways bent lever arm to cover more hand area, but it would make grip attachment/removal annoying.