Browning T-Bolt Trigger Thread - Page 12 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-27-2019, 10:21 PM
robow7

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

It's just a shame that such a beautiful rifle has to come with such a crappy trigger in this day and age. If they were trying to price it less than a CZ or higher end Savage, OK, I get it, but at that price point, it really should have a better trigger.
Old 03-28-2019, 07:02 AM
Dddrees

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by robow7 View Post
It's just a shame that such a beautiful rifle has to come with such a crappy trigger in this day and age. If they were trying to price it less than a CZ or higher end Savage, OK, I get it, but at that price point, it really should have a better trigger.

I don't have much knowledge about what all is out there with regards to bolt action rifles and I was just considering getting one. I was considering a CZ or Anschutz but I also was considering one of these as well. However seeing this thread I think the TBolt is pretty much off the table for me.
Old 04-08-2019, 06:59 PM
Rick H.
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Dddrees: Don't be fooled by all the information that is contained in these threads. The new Browning T-Bolt is a very nice rifle in stock form, but it can be made much better either by working on the stock trigger, or purchasing the Jard trigger. I tried the first method, but it didn't work out for me and I then went with purchasing the Jard. It all worked out great for me, but there are a few that didn't like the Jard trigger and/or had problems with the installation. I don't know why they had problems, but I do know that the people at Jard seemed very helpful when I contacted them about purchasing one.

Trigger aside the T-Bolt is a very well built modern rifle. Mine came with the longer threaded barrel so I could install a suppressor on it and it suits me just fine. It is more accurate than I ever anticipated and it's a gem to carry. It should also be mentioned that some people are quite happy with their T-Bolts in stock form and have no issues with the trigger.

Rick H.
Old 04-26-2019, 11:56 AM
dogtrialerguy

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
How long did it take you guys from time you order Jard trigger till you received it ?
Old 04-26-2019, 05:21 PM
dogtrialerguy

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Never mind. My came in mail today. Took a week.
Old 04-28-2019, 02:31 PM
dogtrialerguy

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
I had no problem installing the Jard trigger. Hats off to those guys they make a fine product. I would of sold this gun due to the terrible trigger. But not now !
Old 04-28-2019, 10:03 PM
Clyle

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Jard trigger

I'm really spooky about playing with and attempting to install replacement triggers. You guys seem to have had no issues in the installation. Are Youtube videos available for this?
Old 04-29-2019, 08:13 AM
Rick H.

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clyle View Post
I'm really spooky about playing with and attempting to install replacement triggers. You guys seem to have had no issues in the installation. Are Youtube videos available for this?
I don't think I have ever seen a video for the installation process. It isn't that big of a deal really. The worst part for me was taking the "lawyer tape" off the old trigger and realizing once done I had no trigger warranty anymore. Of course by that time I had already attempted some work on the trigger which would have invalidated the warranty anyway. Nothing ventured, nothing gained! If you should encounter problems Jard will no doubt help you out.

Rick H.
Old 05-07-2019, 10:17 PM
WillR

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dddrees View Post
I don't have much knowledge about what all is out there with regards to bolt action rifles and I was just considering getting one. I was considering a CZ or Anschutz but I also was considering one of these as well. However seeing this thread I think the TBolt is pretty much off the table for me.
It's not a terrible trigger. It's fine in all respects - takeup, creep, let off "*crisp*!, over travel... but maybe not light enough pull weight for some shooters. Pull weight can be improved, but on my two T-Bolts, 3-4 pounds is as light as they'll go without bolt retention problems. I've installed Jard triggers in both guns. Now they're perfect. I have all the Jard springs to go any of the three pull weights - 12oz., 16oz. or 20 oz. but prefer the 16oz. as the best for combination field and competitive shooting. The T-Bolts are just SO much fun to shoot and are just plain gorgeous and ultra-lightweight to carry. Nothing feels better than a t-bolt in my hands.
Old 05-08-2019, 10:33 AM
dbuffington

TPC Rating: 
100% (9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillR View Post
It's not a terrible trigger. It's fine in all respects - takeup, creep, let off "*crisp*!, over travel... but maybe not light enough pull weight for some shooters. Pull weight can be improved, but on my two T-Bolts, 3-4 pounds is as light as they'll go without bolt retention problems. I've installed Jard triggers in both guns. Now they're perfect. I have all the Jard springs to go any of the three pull weights - 12oz., 16oz. or 20 oz. but prefer the 16oz. as the best for combination field and competitive shooting. The T-Bolts are just SO much fun to shoot and are just plain gorgeous and ultra-lightweight to carry. Nothing feels better than a t-bolt in my hands.
+1

Dave
Old 05-09-2019, 08:26 PM
vinceg

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Browning T-bolt Trigger Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGF View Post
One thing I forgot donít lose the instructions, removing the Tbolt with the Jard trigger system is a little different
Hello DGF:

I'm a little foggy as to what you mean by your post on the Jard trigger. Perhaps you can straighten me out? Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards, Vince
Old 07-08-2019, 07:41 PM
VonFatman
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
mid-april, i received my new lefty t-bolt. i put a nice leupold on it and it's been smooth sailing.

i am confused by the "crappy trigger" comments as mine was terrific out-of-the-box. so much so that i don't know how trigger enhancement would produce more fun per shot.

i did not buy it to compete. it's a fun gun in a fun size with an excellent trigger and a factory bedded barrel.

this unit is is accurate up to my anschutz.

well pleased.
Old 09-23-2019, 02:32 PM
BWstickman

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Browning T-Bolt Trigger Thread

Mine is pretty accurate 5 shot ragged hole at 50 yards... I canít do it ever group but enough to know they are great shooters

Last edited by BWstickman; 09-23-2019 at 05:30 PM.