Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2019, 12:20 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62Ranger13 View Post
I enjoy them.

Some days I feel like it's all I can do to read every post here. Let alone try to respond to the highs and lows and everything in between. But I pray for you, laugh with you and commiserate with you (az's luck comes to mind) as we journey through this life.
Yes if it wasn't for bad luck I would have no luck.
Old 09-21-2019, 12:21 PM
Hawkeye57

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
You posted this yesterday morn, and I had to go back 7 pages to find it.
Sometimes I wonder if I really read something or my mind skipped a beat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al the Infidel View Post
I don't spin wrenches n drivers at ground level no mo.
I'm there with you.
If I have to do time on my knees I have to use one of them matts that interlock together for kids to play on. That and a cane or sledge / shovel handle to get me back up, and then the rest of the day is shot.

Hobo's
Ya don't see many of them anymore, I reminisced as I drove up the small main drag while doing errands this morn. While doing so I passed my first stop on the trip.
We where a big railroad city at one time. Car shops and Locomotive shops. Live on the east edge of the start of the operation, and it is about 7 miles through town to where the lines turn back into only a few.

Used to sit on the stoop at a closed small general store on the drag. The hobo's would get of the trains before getting to town the walk the distance to remount on the other end. The ones that stick in my mind are the ones that could pull out a backy sack, then a paper, then roll and light with one hand. While holding there worldly possessions over their shoulder with the other hand, while walking down the sidewalk. With that kind of dexterity I wonder what they had or could have been. There was an area on each end of town where they used to camp in the woods.

I imagine if such a thing went on today the facebookers would have them surrounded by squad cars armed with tasers.
Old 09-21-2019, 12:35 PM
US Army Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)

Lizard People; Vietnam Vet; NRA Life Member; NRA Distinguished Expert Rifle; NRA Instructor Pistol
Old 09-21-2019, 12:39 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye57 View Post
You posted this yesterday morn, and I had to go back 7 pages to find it.
Sometimes I wonder if I really read something or my mind skipped a beat.

I'm there with you.
If I have to do time on my knees I have to use one of them matts that interlock together for kids to play on. That and a cane or sledge / shovel handle to get me back up, and then the rest of the day is shot.

Hobo's
Ya don't see many of them anymore, I reminisced as I drove up the small main drag while doing errands this morn. While doing so I passed my first stop on the trip.
We where a big railroad city at one time. Car shops and Locomotive shops. Live on the east edge of the start of the operation, and it is about 7 miles through town to where the lines turn back into only a few.

Used to sit on the stoop at a closed small general store on the drag. The hobo's would get of the trains before getting to town the walk the distance to remount on the other end. The ones that stick in my mind are the ones that could pull out a backy sack, then a paper, then roll and light with one hand. While holding there worldly possessions over their shoulder with the other hand, while walking down the sidewalk. With that kind of dexterity I wonder what they had or could have been. There was an area on each end of town where they used to camp in the woods.

I imagine if such a thing went on today the facebookers would have them surrounded by squad cars armed with tasers.
Yeah modern technology kind of killed the Mayor's retirement plans of being a hobo,
Old 09-21-2019, 12:54 PM
Szumi
US Marines NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
It is a bit warmer than I would like today. My glasses kept fogging over while I was at the pistol range. That means warm and muggy.

Someone left an entire box of .38 spl scattered at various points. Same person colored cases for .40 and 9 with a marker also. Scratching my head as most that mark their brass tend to pick it up to reload.

I shot my potmetal 1911-22. Wished I had brought some oil as it gets sticky once it gets dirty. Definitely not as reliable as a Ruger autopistol. It does resemble a 1911 so it has some saving grace. I had an aftermarket recoil spring with me that I stretched a bit to increase preload that I put in which helped me make it though the session.

Went over to rifle range and chrono'd my .380 reloads and then chrono'd some hornady critical defense. My reloads are a bit wimpy. Both shot high at 25 yards but they actually grouped inside 5" which for a bodyguard .380 and a DAO trigger is pretty okay.

I'm looking at the oak that needs more chain saw work and I'm looking at the thermometer. Maybe I'll just visit my sister instead.

That walther with the blue grips looks like a race gun. Is that yours TD?

If you like your Constitution, you can keep your Constitution.
Old 09-21-2019, 01:02 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Its back to hot & dry, we don't even have humidity to go with it.Only 1/10 " of rain this month, and none in the forecast.No grass mowing for me.....its long & unruly but its greenish,Not brown like my neighbors.
Old 09-21-2019, 01:34 PM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TD1 View Post
Congrats on the career change, Rhody.
Yeah on that boss!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye57 View Post
Our 'bum's jungle', wooded area next to the side tracks, has had a complete makeover for the good. No more tracks or nuttin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by COW 54 View Post

New camera pic didn't work COW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Szumi View Post
That walther with the blue grips looks like a race gun. Is that yours TD?
Mine only with black grips, so far.
Good range report.

Both of us sweating doing piddly chores prompted my decision w/o approval to uncover the AC and fire it up.
Old 09-21-2019, 01:48 PM
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
I will be leaving the car transport/delivery business, and taking a job delivering HVAC and plumbing supplies to job sites. The new job has guaranteed hours at a higher rate of pay. Part time three days per week. I will continue to do the substitute teaching gig on the other two days.

I will be talking to the owner of the new company on Monday to work out the details.

Great news.

It is a beautiful sunny day, and I am packing up to go to the beach. I am looking forward to a nice relaxing afternoon doing some contemplation and reading. Of course, I will be on bikini watch as well!

R
Quote:
Originally Posted by aztarget View Post
Yeah modern technology kind of killed the Mayor's retirement plans of being a hobo,
Yes, already had my stick with bandana [with all my few belongings] tired on end. Ready to hop a box car. Since 9-11, the RR PD have gotten real picky. Have my Roy Rogers signature guitar that Santa brought me years ago. Ready to play some railroad and hobo songs.

Bar-b-q tasting over. Some folks do not know how to season bar-b-q. One even tasted as if it had soured. All the ribs were good. Chicken OK.

No hear this!!! All the USDA crew around here and the couple from DC are coming to OUR HOUSE!!! Wifey does that and forgot to tell me until I got home. I'm to go pickup pizzas. Prayer for me please.

Sophia. Those history photos are real information. For me, "I didn't know that." or "How interesting." Very few times, "I knew that but nice to see a photo."

Get ready for company. No rest.

OOPS: forgot. If you do not get their emails.
https://www.brownells.com/.aspx/bapi...ory+and+ready!
Old 09-21-2019, 02:18 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The mayor judging bbq . Reminded me of this. Please listen at your own risk.
Old 09-21-2019, 03:08 PM
Szumi

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Both of us sweating doing piddly chores prompted my decision w/o approval to uncover the AC and fire it up.
Yes, this is a day for AC. My sister had hers on and I have mine on.

Warm, muggy, windy but the butterflies were active in the back corner of elder sisters garden.

Old 09-21-2019, 03:18 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I'm wondering if those Berettas are .32? The surplus gun store keeps telling me they have those.

I sometimes wonder if the Mayor or Don are descended from Gomez Adams.

I never cared for the M-16 look. Much prefer the M4.

Al, I find that since I got fatter again I don't much care for crawling around on the floor to work on things, either. As for kneeling, I just can't do that. Skin on my knees can't take it.

I'm a sucker for anything in stainless with blue stock/grips. When I goes to the big gun store on the SE corner of the Columbus loop it's a struggle to get out of the store withoot a couple Kimbers.

Al, I recently had a visit with a different nurse practitioner. She suggested the propanolol might be worth the side effects even though it is contraindicated for my diabetes.

We have one of those ornamental pear trees. I haven't been near it since I saw ticks crawling around in the crotch 10 years ago.

I have to rethink the soft serve in the donuts. Maybe had regular ice cream? Maybe made frozen? They hot press them at the point of sale. I generally don't like going down into Cincy so don't expect an opportunity to sample in person.

Got the annual fall motorcycle trip to TN in 2 weeks. Need to start getting ready. Some of the aforementioned crawling to do an oil change is in order.
Old 09-21-2019, 03:44 PM
Hawkeye57

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TD1 View Post

Reloaded a bunch this morning, thirty 7.7mm Japanese, two hundred 124 grain CPRN pew-pews for the Beretta 92 FS, and two hundred and thirty 135 grain TC polymer coated pew-pews which is dedicated PCC fodder.
One of the guys who shoots in the silo match that I'm going to tomorrow was shooting what I suspect are the same blue coated 135's . He's ordering them and loading for his IDPA, then got a 9mm S&W revolver to shoot the same loads for the silo shoots.
Whatever brand they are , he said their is a lot of guys shooting them. I'll ask him again tomorrow, and what powder load. He did tell me what they where, but it was a company I never heard of and quickly left my mind.
Old 09-21-2019, 04:05 PM
gmd1950
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (29)
Quote:
Yeah on that boss!

Our 'bum's jungle', wooded area next to the side tracks, has had a complete makeover for the good. No more tracks or nuttin.

New camera pic didn't work COW.

Mine only with black grips, so far.
Good range report.

Hobo Jungle was across the street from the Winn Dixie I worked at during High School, some interesting characters to be sure, we kept stocked on cheap wine mostly for their benefit. While I was away at College my Freshman Year the City decided to cut down all the trees so no cover for them, no idea where they moved on to.

LGS had their Glock Days yesterday and today, took my old Gen. 1 Model 17 by, Glock guy said it was about the oldest he'd run across and obviously well used. They don't redo them at these things anymore but he made an exception and I now have all new springs and slide release. Ready to go another 80,000 rounds. Talked with a couple of folks who expressed an interest in buying my G17, it's not for sale, no gun I carried on duty more than a short while will ever be.

Serial no. is EC 138 US.
Old 09-21-2019, 04:09 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Hawkeye doesn't seem like much of challenge to hit a silo.

Sent from my LM-X220 using Tapatalk
Old 09-21-2019, 04:11 PM
Szumi

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmd1950 View Post
Hobo Jungle was across the street from the Winn Dixie I worked at during High School, some interesting characters to be sure, we kept stocked on cheap wine mostly for their benefit. While I was away at College my Freshman Year the City decided to cut down all the trees so no cover for them, no idea where they moved on to.

LGS had their Glock Days yesterday and today, took my old Gen. 1 Model 17 by, Glock guy said it was about the oldest he'd run across and obviously well used. They don't redo them at these things anymore but he made an exception and I now have all new springs and slide release. Ready to go another 80,000 rounds. Talked with a couple of folks who expressed an interest in buying my G17, it's not for sale, no gun I carried on duty more than a short while will ever be.

Serial no. is EC 138 US.
Did that originally sell for $93.75?

Closed Thread