Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2019, 02:05 PM
wookness
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)

We are being short sheeted on the rain here in town, but at least it did get wet this morning. Have had about an inch at the cabin so far. More to come there for certain. And out in W TX it looks to be set to ruin another weekend of dove hunting as nothing but rain thru the weekend where I had thot to hunt. Oh well, plenty to do here.

Just ordered some peestol brass in anticipation of our ranges getting reopened soon. I can at least play & practice w/the RF's and CF pistols during crummy weather once it gets functional again.

On the fence about getting a flu shot this season & perhaps a pneumonia vaccine as well. Need to see whot my internist says. 'They' are saying its going to be a nasty flu season coming and there are so many 'not from here' folks about anymore that.. Well, anyhow, read that conventional disinfectants & hand sanitizers require over 4 minutes of scrubbing to be certain of having removed any flu germs, if you've made contact w/the latest strain. Lost an acquaintance to flu that went to pneumonia that ultimately went septic this year. He was a former Marine Sgt. & tough as nails, but smoked and was around a lot of chemical fumes in his chosen line of work, so both probably played contributing factors, but still.. I was very much caught off guard to learn of his passing. Stuff happens. And it seems to happen w/more frequency as we age. Of course it could be just me. Anyway, I'm considering a shot or two at preventive maintenance, more good books and a taste or two of something medicinal, in the evenings.

That's some good news indeed, Brent! Pray that it continues, for both of you.

Last edited by wookness; 09-20-2019 at 02:08 PM.
Old 09-20-2019, 02:14 PM
robs9

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I always get the flu shot. And the pneumonia one. Those are for 4 or 5 years
I have to get them I have diabeties and a kidney transplant. So have a suppressed immune system. Have been in the hospital with pneumonia, bronchitis and the flu all at once. Not fun. 14 days in the hospital. First few days I don't remember.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Old 09-20-2019, 03:32 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Welll yesterday was a wonderful day went out had dinner and had my phone stolen.
Old 09-20-2019, 03:35 PM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Good news Kent.

I get the shots because geezers and kids can be more susceptible to it all.

More bumper stickers added, nothing political yet awaiting commitment(s).

Humid as southern LA.

Nap time didn't play out.
Old 09-20-2019, 03:36 PM
Al the Infidel

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aztarget View Post
Welll yesterday was a wonderful day went out had dinner and had my phone stolen.
Grabbed it out of your hand??
Old 09-20-2019, 03:36 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al the Infidel View Post
Grabbed it out of your hand??
No off a counter when my back was turned.
Old 09-20-2019, 03:40 PM
Al the Infidel

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
No off a counter when my back was turned.
ETA- insured?
2 yrs ago my Mesa aunt had her purse stolen from her shopping cart with her hands on the handlebar. Nice state.

Last edited by Al the Infidel; 09-20-2019 at 04:10 PM.
Old 09-20-2019, 04:26 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al the Infidel View Post
ETA- insured?
2 yrs ago my Mesa aunt had her purse stolen from her shopping cart with her hands on the handlebar. Nice state.
I buy cheap phones so the insurance is worthless. So between the monthly insurance and deductible would be a wash.
Old 09-20-2019, 04:27 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Beautiful day. 75, dry and sunny. Blew out of work early. Cut the lawn and now watering. No rain for over a week and none forecast. Nice weekend ahead.
Another 2 weeks and Florida bound. Need a break.
......Tom Petty
Old 09-20-2019, 04:29 PM
Szumi
US Marines NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Clark View Post
Know what he is doing at that moment?
No, I don't. Since the derailleur was first used in 1937 TDF, I don't think he is shifting gears.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I just had to share the great news on my brother Kent's latest PET scan for his stage 4 lymphoma cancer.

[snip]

Hopefully that means no more treatments after this set for a while. They say you cannot completely get over lymphoma, but with Non Hodgkin's they have been successful at knocking it back into remission with treatments.

Brent
Great news indeed.

Quote:
I buy cheap phones so the insurance is worthless. So between the monthly insurance and deductible would be a wash.
Bummer about the phone. I put what insurance costs into savings and I'm just about where I could buy a new one.

If you like your Constitution, you can keep your Constitution.

Last edited by Szumi; 09-20-2019 at 04:41 PM.
Old 09-20-2019, 04:31 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Thieves usually go Apple picking. Not interested in cheap phones.
......Tom Petty
Old 09-20-2019, 04:33 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlong View Post
Thieves usually go Apple picking. Not interested in cheap phones.
I agree that is why I was surprised. was a cheap 60 dollar lg. maybe my heavy duty case made it more tempting.
Old 09-20-2019, 05:07 PM
dbmjr1
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Two Mandeville Police Officers were shot today. One has passed on.

Mandeville is a small community on the North Shore of Lake Pontchartrain, about an hour from my home.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Old 09-20-2019, 05:13 PM
Atonic

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wookness View Post
Whot's hard to get past is why no one has come forward to save the mudbugs from being drowned by Imelda.. and then I wonder if the name itself wasn't some kinda shoe-in perpetrated by weather weasels, but I prolly should skirt that issue at a respectable length & go back to wondering if the taste of mud bugs changes significantly if they were drowned in a fresh water drench vs. an old ™Speed Queen wash tub filled w/crab boil, broken ears of corn, taters, unyawns & stirred w/a paddle that prolly was used prior, to get a gator's attention or keep a moccasin out of the pirogue.

As GF so astutely mentioned prior; no tellin' where some folks' taste comes from.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia View Post
Never seen one of those. The La Rosa's sign in the background puts it in my area of the country, I think.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I just had to share the great news on my brother Kent's latest PET scan for his stage 4 lymphoma cancer.

KENT: "Good news! Everything gone except tonsils, and doc thinks that may just be benign inflammation. I'm getting the 1st of 4 Rituxan treatments today. ENT will check tonsils."

Brent
Most excellent news!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlong View Post
Beautiful day. 75, dry and sunny. Blew out of work early. Cut the lawn and now watering. No rain for over a week and none forecast. Nice weekend ahead.
Another 2 weeks and Florida bound. Need a break.
Who plays hooky to mow grass.

All, have you ever used propanolol?
I read RFC on a 34" monitor. If people don't use paragraph breaks it gets real hard to read their posts.
Old 09-20-2019, 05:22 PM
Brent

TPC Rating: 
100% (16)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbmjr1 View Post
Two Mandeville Police Officers were shot today. One has passed on.

Mandeville is a small community on the North Shore of Lake Pontchartrain, about an hour from my home.
Very sad news! I read that they captured the two suspects. If the news article that I read was correct, the second officer had a graze wound and will be ok.

Condolences and prayers for the families of the officers.

Brent
Closed Thread