Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2019, 10:52 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbmjr1 View Post
Sounds like you need the Rodenator.

Far enough away that I should get some peace and quiet. Close enough to go visit a couple of times.

I am seriously considering making my own hard cover for the bed of my truck.
How about something like this Don?
https://sawsonskates.com/skate-away-...-announcement/
Old 09-05-2019, 11:28 AM
Frank Eagles
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Was that high pressure compressed air blowing out gofer holes? Getting a little rain. TV time and be bored. Maybe Train Box work.

Old 09-05-2019, 11:35 AM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldWolf View Post
“The NRA exists to spread pro-gun propaganda and put weapons in the hands of those who would harm and terrorize us,” Stefani said in a statement. “Nobody has done more to fan the flames of gun violence than the NRA.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by aztarget View Post
I wanna hear the mpg with that umbrella attached.

I had to use a cart to carry out my weighty 9mm ammo purchase @ Walmart. Being the nice that I am I left a little for the next person.
Old 09-05-2019, 11:47 AM
gewehrfreund

TPC Rating: 
100% (38)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TD1 View Post
NWO.
or typical San Francisco silliness

(be sure to wear some flowers in your hair . . . . .)

(where's greggieboy?)
Old 09-05-2019, 11:47 AM
Al the Infidel

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
NWO.
Native language?
Old 09-05-2019, 12:05 PM
wookness
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
NWO = New World Order
Old 09-05-2019, 12:16 PM
Wayne Sihler

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Came home at lunch time to find a groundhog wandering around by the driveway. It did not act "right" by that I mean it did not run from the Jeep or me when I approached it.
There was a rabid ground hog trapped across the river from me last month.so I was not taking any chances with it getting into the fenced yard with the dog.
Used the CZ455 17hmr to take it out cleanly w/one shot...the rifle is now bloodied.
Old 09-05-2019, 12:17 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Sihler View Post
Came home at lunch time to find a groundhog wandering around by the driveway. It did not act "right" by that I mean it did not run from the Jeep or me when I approached it.
There was a rabid ground hog trapped across the river from me last month.so I was not taking any chances with it getting into the fenced yard with the dog.
Used the CZ455 17hmr to take it out cleanly w/one shot...the rifle is now bloodied.
So the Cz is no longer a virgin.
Old 09-05-2019, 12:22 PM
Wayne Sihler

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aztarget View Post
So the Cz is no longer a virgin.
Old 09-05-2019, 12:25 PM
Al the Infidel

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wookness View Post
NWO = New World Order

OWO
Old 09-05-2019, 01:59 PM
Blackwolfe
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
AWO
Old 09-05-2019, 02:27 PM
wookness

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Been at it since dawn driving a rake of the manually operated variety w/the same kinda handle found on the broomsticks flown by wicked witches. Many growing things now cutting back to conserve water w/some trees dropping leaves early. Extremely dry & hot in spite of the RH levels; its the usual late summer scorch that we get many years. It isn't extreme, but it is annoying.

And no, the sky isn't falling, in spite of the usual ninnies' nonsense. Too many people in too small a space, urban sprawl, particulate matter in the air/ smog, acid rain are all real enough in certain places, but I find it best to not suffer spin, outright lies, fools &/or vitriol and move on. Just the facts, Maim. Thank you.

It was hot out yesterday double skeeting. Shot my usual dismal average confirming that in spite of my wanting a better score, it isn't happening in late afternoon/early evening in triple digit heat. I'm not shooting badly, just not as well as I used to. Dropped two targets coming back on the last two stations on the last box! Phuut I'll have to admit that I was both soaked & wilted when we started that last box & those two were not the only ones that got away. Oh well.

I did get a confirmed spot in the State FITASC Championship that will be happening in Nov., so that's cool. It sold out in the 1st 15 minutes after being posted on line in early August & I think everyone got an email initially saying they were 'wait listed' & then it got expanded a day because of the overwhelming positive response. I shot in a sanctioned 'trial' FITASC shoot a year or so back & enjoyed it in spite of having selected a gun that left a lot to be desired for the best score. That one was a 50 target 12ga. event only. This one will include a 50 target 20 ga. event on Saturday. The 12ga. event is 100 targets that will start on Friday. I won't have my flight time & squadding until later. Participation requires paying 100% up front & the deadline for that is tomorrow, so pleased I got that done in time. I'll be shooting both events. No unreasonable expectation(s) on my part, but I'll be better prepared than I was last time and intend to have a good time being a participant. FITASC target presentations are challenging & the rules are very strictly enforced. Its a great game for measuring one's ability to handle a shotgun under field like conditions or whot they call 'rough shooting' across the pond. Its a tough game and time of day & weather conditions can make it harder on some squads than others. Squads & positions are determined by random drawing, period. Only factory 28gram [1oz.] ammo is allowed, up to #7.5 size shot & targets that may be utilized include all those used in sporting clays + helice or ZZ birds. And they have rules regarding difficulty for presentations. Close in or nearby target presentations are verboten. You can look the rules up easily enough if you wish to know more. Sanctioned FITASC targets run above that of NSCA targets, but are still <$US 2.00 ea. It is a proven neutral international governing body and you must utilize a certified FITASC referee and that's where most of the added costs come into play.
--

Jack & I & the bride just received some rather nifty items in the mail! Jack, lurves bacon and sends his nose felt thanks. The bride has selected one of those colourful Marti Gras Krewe mementos for her exclusive use here and the other for the same role at the cabin. Both rather distinctive & unique beverage insulators, much to her liking of sparkly things. And I'll make fine use of the very well made double gun sling on more than one gun that has no holes for sling swivels!

Its presently 102° in the shade, I got my trash picked up on time, the not so secret Santa came and we all B wearing big Cheshire Kat grins.

And as cow says, 'life is good!'
Old 09-05-2019, 02:33 PM
Frank Eagles

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
We were getting infested with groundhogs. My .17HMR with tactical scope sent them to the happy groundhog hunting grounds. After shooting big old granddaddy groundhog, haven't seen any. Think the word got out the Mayor was too dangerous to stay around. What few [if any] left town.

Much needed rain. As long as we don't get too much.

Had some tornadic activity on the coast.

Later.
Old 09-05-2019, 02:52 PM
gewehrfreund

TPC Rating: 
100% (38)
Quote:
Wook has it right.

New tumbler is happily tumbling and old tumbler conveniently packed away for spare parts when the time comes.

Noticed there is a relatively nearby NLR22 event, then saw it started late in the afternoon, ending when all of the cows have come home and chickens have fallen asleep. I don't do night shoots, having somewhat done them in another shooting sport, but doesn't really excite me.
There’s an NLR22 shoot happening near here at the end of the month. Sounds interesting and challenging; first that sheltered me has heard of this type of event.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wookness View Post

I did get a confirmed spot in the State FITASC Championship that will be happening in Nov., so that's cool. It sold out in the 1st 15 minutes after being posted on line in early August & I think everyone got an email initially saying they were 'wait listed' & then it got expanded a day because of the overwhelming positive response. I shot in a sanctioned 'trial' FITASC shoot a year or so back & enjoyed it in spite of having selected a gun that left a lot to be desired for the best score. That one was a 50 target 12ga. event only. This one will include a 50 target 20 ga. event on Saturday. The 12ga. event is 100 targets that will start on Friday. I won't have my flight time & squadding until later. Participation requires paying 100% up front & the deadline for that is tomorrow, so pleased I got that done in time. I'll be shooting both events. No unreasonable expectation(s) on my part, but I'll be better prepared than I was last time and intend to have a good time being a participant. FITASC target presentations are challenging & the rules are very strictly enforced. Its a great game for measuring one's ability to handle a shotgun under field like conditions or whot they call 'rough shooting' across the pond. Its a tough game and time of day & weather conditions can make it harder on some squads than others. Squads & positions are determined by random drawing, period. Only factory 28gram [1oz.] ammo is allowed, up to #7.5 size shot & targets that may be utilized include all those used in sporting clays + helice or ZZ birds. And they have rules regarding difficulty for presentations. Close in or nearby target presentations are verboten. You can look the rules up easily enough if you wish to know more. Sanctioned FITASC targets run above that of NSCA targets, but are still <$US 2.00 ea. It is a proven neutral international governing body and you must utilize a certified FITASC referee and that's where most of the added costs come into play.
--

And as cow says, 'life is good!'
Congrats! and good luck

Good rake driving and happy family report too!
Quote:
It could be rabies or a brain worm that they sometimes get with symptoms similar to rabies
Old 09-05-2019, 03:28 PM
Wayne Sihler

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
It could be rabies or a brain worm that they sometimes get with symptoms similar to rabies[/QUOTE]

County trapped and tested the one, positive for rabies. I,ll donate the one I shot to the county for disposal, tomorrow.
Closed Thread