Found a Jager AP84, what's the general thought on these? - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 08-17-2019, 09:11 PM
oOo

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Found a Jager AP84, what's the general thought on these?

Local shop has one in good shape, 1 magazine for $400. Can't seem to find a whole lot, some threads from 2009 saying they're actually good shooters etc.

Is that current market for one of these?

Last edited by oOo; 08-17-2019 at 09:54 PM.
Old 08-18-2019, 05:48 PM
VASCAR2
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
If the Armi Jager is an AP-84 with the appearance of a Israeli Galil I say they are decent guns but parts and magazines are hard to find. I have never owned an Armi Jager and from what I’ve read they can be temperamental and may not hold up well for extensive shooting.

I think the Armi Jager 22 rimfires are cool and would buy one if I had the money and found a good example. I think there will always be a little collector value to the Galil version, FAMAS version or the SA-80 version. There are better AR-22’s and AK-22’s for shooting but not the others.

If you buy it please post pictures and if you decide to shoot it do a range report. The price doesn’t sound to far out of line especially for the Galil version.
Old 08-19-2019, 12:02 AM
Baby Automag

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Galil style are second rare for that brand, first would be the Famas style. That is a great price for a nice looking one. if it's beat and shot looking then a fair price. I have a few of these but never got around to shooting them so if you get it please range report it.
Like most 22 I'm sure these are picky more than most as they are quite old also. We all get cranky once we get old too!
Enjoy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2019, 03:23 AM
bangbang

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
i have my collection of them, but havent shot all of them.

Ive shot the AR and the PPSh. The PPSh was sort of a jamb o matic, but i got it used and was not sure about how the other people treated it or used it.

The ARs were Ok. i dont remember what ammo i shot.

Mags will be hard to find so just be aware.

havnet shot my AP84 either.
Old 08-19-2019, 01:00 PM
Baby Automag

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Jager made a PPSH? Got pics? Thought I had the complete jager line, hmm. I know Bingham made PPSH and then the new guy(to making PPSH, not the company) on the block, forgot name made some recently(within last 5-8 yrs).
Well, I guess I'll have to look about for more info. on this now.
Old 08-19-2019, 07:25 PM
bangbang

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Automag View Post
Jager made a PPSH? Got pics? Thought I had the complete jager line, hmm. I know Bingham made PPSH and then the new guy(to making PPSH, not the company) on the block, forgot name made some recently(within last 5-8 yrs).
Well, I guess I'll have to look about for more info. on this now.
Sorry to get your hopes up.

But I was going by Mitchell. They imported them and im not sure who made what for whom. But from my mitchell flyer, it shows all of them including the PPsh.

here is a link to a PDF scan.

Old 08-19-2019, 07:58 PM
Baby Automag

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
No hope up, I was just was confused I didn't have all Jager, lol. I heard about Mitchell Arms doing a lot as shown on your post. I'm sitting here staring at my Mitchell Arms area now. Ak in 22 mag, M16A1/22 in 22LR, LW9 (Feather 9mm), Galil/22 in 22mag and Mitchell High Standard CAR15/22A3 in 22LR. I'm sure there are a few more around here hiding from me behind some other odd ball 22 stuff in the pile.

I think I looked at the Mitchell Arms bingham but wasn't nice like the early Bingham imported so I passed on it. yep, got some early import binghams around here, even a NIB chrome one with drum. They shoot nice as a fun plinker , I never tried them for bulleye though.
Old 08-19-2019, 08:05 PM
oOo

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks gents! It looks basically unfired, some small wear on the front "gas block", maybe where it was resting for some time?

Old 08-20-2019, 04:56 PM
VASCAR2

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Wow! That really looks great, Id had my wallet out on that one for $400.

If you shoot it Id like a range report.
Old 08-20-2019, 09:24 PM
Baby Automag

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I'm GREAT at spending other peoples money for sure! Looking really good there, is it a 22LR or 22Mag, you never said. Magazine looks rather small and 22Lr were more common so I would guess 22LR.
So when is the photo shoot and range report?
Old 08-21-2019, 08:29 AM
oOo

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Spot on, its 22LR.
Old 08-27-2019, 03:15 PM
breakeyp

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Many years ago, I bought a new Jager .22lr M16 variant. After year and maybe less than 300 rounds it tended to go full automatic. A white nylon buffer crumbled into small pieces. I was unable to get parts from the importer and sold it for parts. I think the importer at the time was Stoeger. I am sure it has better quality now.
Old 08-27-2019, 03:40 PM
Area51guy
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Look alikes.............

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangbang View Post
Sorry to get your hopes up.

But I was going by Mitchell. They imported them and im not sure who made what for whom. But from my mitchell flyer, it shows all of them including the PPsh.

here is a link to a PDF scan.

I have one of the PPS 50 carbines with the 50 rd drum and 30 rd mags. Other than being a little picky about the ammo it likes, it appears to be quite well made. I also have a 10/22 converted to look like a Thompson SMG. Being a 10/22 it pretty much shoots anything.
Old 08-27-2019, 06:23 PM
bangbang

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Area51guy View Post
I have one of the PPS 50 carbines with the 50 rd drum and 30 rd mags. Other than being a little picky about the ammo it likes, it appears to be quite well made. I also have a 10/22 converted to look like a Thompson SMG. Being a 10/22 it pretty much shoots anything.
i got all of the toys photoed. sold the PPSh recently and will be dong the same for the others soon.

I have a AO 1927A3 that will be staying with me for a while and i was lucky enough to find a 22LR conversion for the AO Thompsons too.

I only took my PPSh out once and it was ok. Not the best, but as i mentioned it was bought used so no idea on how well it was taking care of or how well it shot NIB.

BDM makes the 50 round drums too, but i never got the chance to test it.
Old 10-04-2019, 10:04 AM
pabryan

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Magazies

gunpartscorp.com have mags in stock now for AP80