Have All The Leftys Left? - Page 6 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 12-30-2018, 04:28 PM
XRamTundraMan
US Army NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
This lefty hasn't left

Been here since there was a here here . I have always shot left handed as I am left hand & eye dominate. I have a dozen or more left handed guns and even had a few that ejected out the bottom and or forward. Not sure if they still do but Stag offered a left handed bolt for shooting 22LR in their left handed AR uppers. I have a dedicated 22LR 16 in carbine upper from Tac/Sol. I just recently snagged a left handed Ruger American bolt action in 223 CDNN has a left handed 7.62 / 308 Scout rifle for $699.99 delivered to your FFL. Prices are low inventory high & selection is real good. Sadly I fear that soon these will have been known as the good old days .
Old 04-21-2019, 04:30 AM
Eccentric
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Still here. I'm going ground squirrel shooting in a couple weeks. My 93R17GLV will hopefully get a workout.

The little buggers haven't been bothered since last September, so there should be some good action.
Old 04-21-2019, 07:09 AM
fwood
US Navy Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Good luck from a fellow lefty.

Old 04-21-2019, 02:15 PM
Eccentric

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fwood View Post
Thanks!
Old 06-02-2019, 10:01 AM
Dean2

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Only check here occasionally as it isn't real active. Still makes for some good reading on occasion. Was out gopher shooting yesterday, got about 70 in a couple of hours using my CZ 452 LH 17 HMR. Pretty decent action. It is a small field but it is close by so fun to pop out for and hour or two and play, plus the farmer really likes me keeping the numbers down. The first year I shot this field I was killing 500 in a couple of hours. Shooting will control the population if you shoot it often enough.
Old 06-02-2019, 12:07 PM
XRamTundraMan
US Army NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I have been shopping the left handed sales at CDNN sports a lot recently and now have a LH Turkish Hatsan "Magnum Supreme" 12ga semi auto shotgun & then I jumped in or on the discontinued Thompson Center Dimension LOC line of bolt action rifles in LH. So far have been able to get three bolts and four barrels along with three of their scope bridges. I first bought a complete left handed 30-06 Dimension rifle with a 22-250 barrel bolt mag and mag housing along with needed dedicated change out tools for $499.99 plus $9.99 delivered to my FFL. I have since acquired a Win 243 set and a 204 Ruger set. I have the AB & C bolt groups mag and mag housings and am looking for a LH D group bolt(300 Win mag & 7MM Rem mag IIRC)that I may or may not buy. BTW the LOC system barrels are usable on both left or right hand LOC receivers. I am looking for the rare(evidently)223/5.56 Dimensions LOC barrel but not too sure about getting one any time soon. I still have the LH 223 Rem American from Ruger so not in a rush.
Old 06-03-2019, 03:30 PM
Eccentric

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eccentric View Post
Still here. I'm going ground squirrel shooting in a couple weeks. My 93R17GLV will hopefully get a workout.

The little buggers haven't been bothered since last September, so there should be some good action.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fwood View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eccentric View Post
Thanks!
Was somewhat of a disappointing hunt this time. The grass was much taller than when we were there previously. The little buggers were usually moving about completely under cover.

Every once in a while a head would pop up at long range, but that was it. We got a few there, including a couple well beyond the usual .17hmr distances. Combination of luck and a lot of holdover (and a bit of Kentucky windage).

With some practice, I had good luck with the BDC reticle in a 4-14x42 Nikon M308 scope that I put on my 93R17GLV. Their Spot On software is actually pretty close at determining what distances the various points on the reticle correspond to.
Old 06-28-2019, 09:19 PM
TCM3

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I'm right handed, but left eye dominant, so i shoot lefty with right handed firearms, no problemo.
Old 07-01-2019, 06:04 PM
Ggg6
Fire FighterEmergency Medical Technician

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
New to this site, left eye dominant shooter. Ambidextrous in most other tasks.
Have a few left handed rifles in various calibers.
Old 07-01-2019, 06:31 PM
Dean2

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Welcome. The more lefties the better!
Old 07-01-2019, 10:38 PM
IHMSA80x80
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ggg6 View Post
New to this site, left eye dominant shooter.
Have a few left handed rifles in various calibers.
Welcome!

I am also left-eye dominant, so I shoot all my guns left-handed. Right-handed for most everything else. Have exactly ONE lefty rifle, but many ambiguous guns.

≡✪≡
Old 07-07-2019, 09:51 AM
topclass
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (10)
lefty all the way

left handed and left eye dominant.

Recently acquired a LH Remington 40X (single shot) in 6BR to complement my LH 40X repeater in .308. Also have a LH BSA Mk IV ISU.

Otherwise my bolt action shooting irons are wrong-handed but work well on the bench.
Old 08-05-2019, 05:08 PM
Irishshooter

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
https://imgur.com/a/I7egdIg
A couple of pics from the Irish Open held recently, just so the leftys don't feel left out. me and my right hand Anschutz 1710 with the bolt extended to go under the trigger so I can cock it with the left hand without coming out of the aim.
There are 2 pics there.