Adjustable butt plate - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 06-15-2019, 10:23 AM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Thanks for the link TS.
Old 06-26-2019, 09:17 PM
JimSchock

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have an aluminum morgan on my trap gun and like it alot. I have the curved pad and its very comfortable and tension can be adjust on the pad itself to make it more or less soft. The only thing id like it to have is adjustable cant or angle.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20181024_233217_1561598269136.jpg (292.8 KB, 3 views)
Old 06-27-2019, 07:41 AM
Thomasconnor
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (76)
Bisley make a two-way adjustable (up/down and rotate) straight and a curved butt pad for about $35 delivered from across the pond.

I have the curved one on a 10/22 with an Anschutz 1712 barrel fitted. I painted it black after fitting...Tom

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bisley-Adju...MAAOSw5Qtb1zpI

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bisley-Adju...cAAOxyRNJSf1b8

Last edited by Thomasconnor; 06-27-2019 at 07:48 AM.
Old 06-29-2019, 12:03 AM
DrGunner
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! UotM

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomasconnor View Post
Bisley make a two-way adjustable (up/down and rotate) straight and a curved butt pad for about $35 delivered from across the pond.

I have the curved one on a 10/22 with an Anschutz 1712 barrel fitted. I painted it black after fitting...Tom

I have a Bisley on my BR 10-22. Love it- great adjustable for the price, just have to wait 2 weeks to get it from the UK...

DrGunner
Old 06-29-2019, 10:56 AM
1813benny

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I respectfully disagree....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al the Infidel View Post
I strongly disapprove a business that says call for pricing on every single item for sale. Do ya get a better price pleading poverty on the phone?
Al -
Alex Sitman is the owner of MasterClass Stocks and is one of the kindest and most honest people that you will ever meet. In addition, he is extremely generous to both the centerfire and rimfire competitive shooting communities.

The reason that Alex requests people call for pricing is that he makes stocks and is not an internet wizard at updating a web site.

You can take my comment for what it is worth - nothing except for a couple of billion electrons - however it is in poor taste to disparage a person's business - a business that has an excellent reputation and supports the shooting community - unless you have some direct input on a personal experience.

I bid you good day.
Regards,
ken
Old 06-29-2019, 04:56 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I'm guilty of passing over sites that don't post prices. I'm not looking for cheapest but like to compare. I do not like talking to or bothering people for info, at least till I'm ready to buy.

Topstrap
Old 06-29-2019, 05:25 PM
DrGunner

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1813benny View Post
Al -
Alex Sitman is the owner of MasterClass Stocks and is one of the kindest and most honest people that you will ever meet. In addition, he is extremely generous to both the centerfire and rimfire competitive shooting communities.

The reason that Alex requests people call for pricing is that he makes stocks and is not an internet wizard at updating a web site.

You can take my comment for what it is worth - nothing except for a couple of billion electrons - however it is in poor taste to disparage a person's business - a business that has an excellent reputation and supports the shooting community - unless you have some direct input on a personal experience.

I bid you good day.
Regards,
ken
Anyone who knows Alex or his reputation, knows heís a stand up guy with a very fair business mind. The reason for his not listing prices is the absolute custom nature of his work- he needs to know what heís bedding, and what level of service the customer requires before quoting a fair price. Thereís a huge difference between skim bedding a stock that comes to him already pillared, versus starting from scratch on a stock and fabricating his own pillars with a full on bedding job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topstrap44 View Post
I'm guilty of passing over sites that don't post prices. I'm not looking for cheapest but like to compare. I do not like talking to or bothering people for info, at least till I'm ready to buy.

Topstrap

Topstrap-

Iím built much the same way. In todayís world of instant info, I donít waste my time calling for pricing on items IF itís something thatís readily available by multiple vendors. I find the best listed price with reasonable shipping fees and order.
Vendors like Alex Sitman, whom I spoke of above, are in a very narrow niche market and I not only expect to call, I WANT to discuss the work in detail. Big difference in the type of transaction.

What really grinds my gears: when I need a very simple, inexpensive part- a spring, some screws, etc- that cost under $10.... and after I go through the time to input all of my info, second to last page of the order process, and the cheapest shipping offered is $18 or some such.

MidwayUSA is famous for this. Close to $20 to ship a ziplock baggie of 4 pistol grip screws, which then come in a box big enough to ship the pistol itself-
When a padded envelope could easily be safely shipped for under $5.

DrGunner
Old 06-30-2019, 07:51 AM
Thomasconnor

TPC Rating: 
100% (76)
Masterclass Stocks Par Excellence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al the Infidel View Post
I strongly disapprove a business that says call for pricing on every single item for sale. Do ya get a better price pleading poverty on the phone?

Hey Al, how much to paint my house? What do you mean you need to see it first? I am poor and want a good price!

Since I already had the pictures, I'll attest that Alex Sitman is very reasonable.

This Stith stock was cut for an Anschutz square action that shot average at best and I bought a Kenyon 1913 that I wanted mated to the stock. I used a square adapter for a while but it looked like crap. I went with Alex because Don does not have an FFL to receive the gun.

Alex put in a walnut block to fill the square part (hard to see it blends so well but look closely), cut pillars, installed a lug, bedded it to the action, and filled the old holes with walnut. Not your normal bedding job. It was about $400...Tom

Old 06-30-2019, 08:53 AM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1813benny View Post
Al -

I bid you good day.
Regards,
ken
I phrased my irritability incorrectly at Mr. Sitman's business and for that I apologize. In my defense I'm honest to a fault but not the kindest ole fart on the planet.
IMA all I was interested in were adjustable, add-on, butt plates, like the OP began the thread for, not a bedded stock or whatnot.
Old 06-30-2019, 01:39 PM
Thomasconnor

TPC Rating: 
100% (76)
Misunderstanding

Mr. Sitman sure has a loyal following as well as a backlog of work. I practically begged him to take my job above.

Actually Al your point is well taken. I think Mr. Sitman's buttplates are not priced on his www because he plans to install them as part of a stock he is making, in addition to not having to maintain pricing on his www.

If he were selling them outright as this thread suggested you certainly have a good point in them not being priced. I don't know if he would sell one of his buttplates outright...Tom

https://www.masterclassstocks.com/accessories.html
Old 06-30-2019, 08:18 PM
ntsqd

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Anyone ever looked at Creedmoor Sports' offerings?

https://www.creedmoorsports.com/sear...le%20buttplate
Old 09-17-2019, 11:02 PM
kjk200

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomasconnor View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGunner View Post
I have a Bisley on my BR 10-22. Love it- great adjustable for the price, just have to wait 2 weeks to get it from the UK...

DrGunner
How did I miss these!!!!!!!
This is exactly what i needed for several projects that I have already finished without adjustable buttplates. Any chance someone could post additional pics of the buttplates and how they are adjusted (especially rotate)?

Last edited by kjk200; 09-17-2019 at 11:10 PM.
Old 09-18-2019, 12:28 AM
DrGunner

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjk200 View Post
How did I miss these!!!!!!!
This is exactly what i needed for several projects that I have already finished without adjustable buttplates. Any chance someone could post additional pics of the buttplates and how they are adjusted (especially rotate)?
Below are two posts by azguy, copied & pasted from the thread he posted when he built the custom stock that has the Bisley butt pad. Hereís a link to the build thread:

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forum...d.php?t=498870

Quote:
Originally Posted by azguy View Post
As promised, here are pics of the Bisly Butt Assembly stack up on the stock's new profile. In order to get the butt assy lined up on the new butt centerline I had to fabricate an "adapter" that was fit to the stock and the Bisley butt assy. This adapter accomodates and locates the Bisley butt supplied by Doc and also mounts to the old stock profile. The centerline had to be moved too far to allow for the butt assy to be installed without an adapter of some sort.

Modified stock butt without Bisley assy.:

Adapter plate installed. The extra hole was due to the first one being too close to the old stock screw hole. I did not want to chance the new screw position breaking thru the old screw hole wall:

Bisley butt plate installed. Note the position to the left of the old stock profile and centered on the new profile:

Bisley butt completely installed. This butt adjusts up and down and is one Doc had previously fitted to another stock. I removed the black plastic spacer to try and keep the LOP the same as before:

Top view showing the relationship of the entire butt assembly to the old stock profile which had a good amount of cast off. You can see how far I had to move the butt assy to align with the new stock centerline.

Bottom view showing the new alignment of the butt pad assy with the new centerline of the stock:
Quote:
Originally Posted by azguy View Post
DONE!!!

The Tomahawk is almost ready as well.
Hope this helps-

DrGunner
Old 09-18-2019, 07:37 PM
kjk200

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGunner View Post
Below are two posts by azguy, copied & pasted from the thread he posted when he built the custom stock that has the Bisley butt pad. Here’s a link to the build thread:

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forum...d.php?t=498870

Hope this helps-

DrGunner
Yes, It does...Thanks so Much!

Last edited by kjk200; 09-27-2019 at 10:11 PM.