What did you do with your 22/45 Mk-IV today? - Page 15 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 06-14-2019, 01:57 PM
AzShooter
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Lovely pistol. Really looks nice.

The low mount helps get your sight lower to the bore with less obstruction, without it the C-More sits too high for some people.

Just got a new pair of StonerCNC stocks for my Mark IV 22/45 lite. Nice checkering and they feel great.
Old 06-14-2019, 05:28 PM
NHandwrecker

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by supersharp View Post
Very nice pistol ,I've seen those sights before .I don't quite understand it .Is it so you can use the iron sight? Do you get a larger field of view ? It looks very top heavy and that it would be hard to holster just curious about that.
It certainly looks very bulky. Luckily, it doesn’t feel much different, the optic window is just bigger and sits lower. Originally, it took me quite a bit of practice to get used to the higher sitting red dot on my Target and Lite. I’m excited to see if I like this or not.

As for extra weight; the polymer C-More weighs in at 3oz. The Venom I used before is 1.1oz, before the stock picatinny base clamp. ~2oz for the Venom w/ clamp seems like a safe bet. The Striplin 90* mount probably adds some weight, but I also removed the factory picatinny rail to mount the Striplin. Everything looks gigantic, but feels about the same.

Finally, this would probably be a pain to match with the right holster. Fortunately, it’s for Steel Challenge Rimfire Pistol Open, so I can use a “pistol rug” carry bag.

Thanks!
Old 06-14-2019, 07:07 PM
jstanfield103
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
put Tandemkross Pro Compensator on it yesterday and took it out with the Red Dot and sighted it in for the first time. Very Happy

Old 06-17-2019, 07:00 AM
sandog
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwlongshot View Post
You guys really like the TK stuff huh!

I have a little too, nothing for a while and looking at there site, they have added quite a few products since I was last there!

My own 22/45 went to the gunsmith yesterday.

Here in CT threaded muzzles are EVIL... So they are not allowed if you have one, it needs to be removed, or have a cover permanently installed... IE blind pinned. This gun was on the shelf's when the law passed so the retailer had A2 comps installed and pinned on to meet the letter of the law and sell these guns.
Its gawd aweful ugly...

I bought a Carolina comp a couple years back and have been using it on a 10/22. its a great lil comp and works very well for rapid fire controlling muzzle movement. So when I decided to do something with the 22/45 I immediately knew what to use in its place.

Here is a couple videos, hope you are able to view them..

I should have the gun back for testing Friday. I may have to place a order to TK in the mean time.

CW
CW, what's the product you have on the back of your charging handle ?
I'd like something better to grab on to, the HALO is a bit large for my tastes.
Old 06-17-2019, 11:11 AM
AzShooter

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Shot a Steel Challenge Match with my new setup with the Vortex Venom on an EGW dovetail mount.

I found it easier to see the dot and picked it up much faster. The dot looks bigger and I shot very well. Only mistake was not putting a fresh magazine in on one string ( not a problem since you throw away your worst ).

Temperatures reached over 100 so I'm done for the summer.
Old 06-17-2019, 09:22 PM
sandog

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
I got my spare FF III put on today.
Only in the 70's and 80's at 6,500 feet in Northern Arizona, shooting season is just getting underway here.

Old 06-17-2019, 10:31 PM
AzShooter

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
[QUOTE=sandog;11516731]I got my spare FF III put on today.
Only in the 70's and 80's at 6,500 feet in Northern Arizona, shooting season is just getting underway here.

Wow! looks great up there. Have fun and enjoy the weather.
Old 06-18-2019, 07:50 AM
PT7
US Air Force Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
What I'm doing today with my new MkIV 22/45 is waiting for Ruger repair service in Prescott to check it over. It's due to be delivered to them before day ends.

The pistol shoots fine, but I had trouble getting either of the e-nickel magazines Both 10-round e-nickel magazines "hang up" before being fully inserted. I dis-assembled the pistol to have a clear view from the top of the pistol into the grip. If I look down while holding the pistol pointing downrange, the highest metal point on the right side of the magazine is catching on the magazine release. In order to get passed that "catch," I either have to give it firm wiggles, or push the magazine release button to let it by.

Via email inquiry to Ruger, they suggested that I make sure the magazine latch screw is tightened all the way down. They thought that might alleviate the issue. Nope, the screw was solid tight. So Ruger CS sent an RMA to send pistol and magazines in for repair. I also requested they check out the rear sight. I can lightly press down on the sight and it easily moves down, then a spring allows it to pop back up. To me, a sight shouldn't move at all. Shall see what Ruger CS says.

I'd rather say I'm heading to the range today with my MkIV. But I guess I can patiently wait and have it serviced. Ruger CS was quick with their help to get it in to them.
Old 06-18-2019, 12:16 PM
agksimon
National Guard Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PT7 View Post
I also requested they check out the rear sight. I can lightly press down on the sight and it easily moves down, then a spring allows it to pop back up. To me, a sight shouldn't move at all. Shall see what Ruger CS says.
That is standard on all of them. The rear sight is spring loaded and will move down if pushed.
Old 06-18-2019, 03:43 PM
jstanfield103

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
NHandwrecker

On your Tandemkross pro compensator I see yours sits flush and you have a hole drilled in the barrel and compensator for alignment it looks. Can you please explain a little about how and what you did to the compensator.

Thanks
Old 06-18-2019, 04:06 PM
PT7
US Air Force Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by agksimon View Post
That is standard on all of them. The rear sight is spring loaded and will move down if pushed.

Thanks, didn't know that. Can you also tell me what's the reason for designing a spring-loaded rear sight?

It'll be interesting if Ruger similarly fills me in on that part of my repair request.
Old 06-18-2019, 07:46 PM
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
22/45 Today........

Took it to the range to practice with the new Sig Romeo 5 sight and to try some different hand positions. This gun is set up as a "Race Gun" with a barrel comp, custom target grips and the afore mentioned Sig red dot sight. Trying to get used to firing just as soon as the red dot is on the target rather than trying to hold the dot on the target. Good practice for the old reaction times! The sight shown is an old Bushnell unit that got replaced by the Sig unit.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2245 grips 2.jpg (264.1 KB, 91 views)
File Type: jpg 2245 grips 6.jpg (277.1 KB, 8 views)
Old 06-23-2019, 11:57 AM
bluewave

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Finally Seems to Work!!

After lots of failures during my 1st trip to the range, shipping it back to Ruger where Ruger replaced the bolt stop assembly, extractor, extractor sping, sear spring, bolt open stop spring, bolt stop thumpiece, and repairing the barrel/receiver assembly, and after I replaced the terrible trigger with a TandemKross trigger, it finally appears to be working as it should!

I've had it about 3 mos. and it has 700 rds. of CCI 36 & 40 gr. & some CCI target through it. Although the OEM magazines are still very gritty feeling, today I did fire 90 rds. of various ammo through it without any failures!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 45 lite.jpg (488.1 KB, 5 views)
Old 06-25-2019, 04:06 PM
sandog

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
My mags are slick now that I "tuned" them up.
I thought I did good by switching the follower button to the other side, as I'm left handed. It was much easier to load with the button on the right side instead of left.

Follower went up and down nice, and mags inserted fully. But when I went out and shot, bolt was not locking back after the last shot.
Seems the follower is stopping about 1/8" short of coming up all the way.
So I put the button back on the left for now, and the bolt locks back when empty again. Once I get a mag loader, it won't matter which side the button is on.

I took some 600 grit sandpaper and "dehorned" my safety levers and the sharp back side of the bolt where it rests against the back of receiver. Then hit them with some touch up blue. Much better now.

I have to use a small screwdriver to adjust windage with the rear sight, but the elevation screw uses a dinky Allen that fits in pretty shallow. I'm going to try to replace that Allen screw with a slotted one. Then I won't have to deal with carrying an extra tool, and a tiny one at that.
Old 07-01-2019, 12:00 PM
Stevie-Ray

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Shot a Steel Challenge this morning.