Buckmark Tandemkross GearBox install - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-23-2019, 09:42 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Buck Mark Tandemkross GearBox install

I went ahead and installed the GearBox on my Practical. I am no gunsmith or even close, but following along with the video wasn't too tough. The main glitch was with the one-piece rubber grip on the Practical and putting things back together, since the grips hold everything in place. I finally figured out that if I got it more or less back together with the grips on but unscrewed, then lifted each side and put all the springs and slide release in place one side at a time, it came together nicely.

The new spring took the trigger pull from 4.5 to 3.5 lb. I took the gun to the range yesterday and put about 200 rounds through it. I find it a significant improvement in the trigger. It is not as light as my S&W Model 41, but it is still a pretty dang nice trigger now. I am a happy customer (and guinea pig).

Last edited by dogmansb; 03-23-2019 at 09:51 AM.
Old 03-24-2019, 08:39 PM
Talyn
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I installed two, one in a pistol & the other in a Buckmark rifle.

First time I didn't get the spring over enough to work with the sear and had to take things apart again, but got it right. Then the rifle went easier.

Both have much better trigger pulls now with the pistol at 2.5 lbs. and the rifle at 4 lbs..

Will have to order a couple more for my two older Buckmarks.

Last edited by Talyn; 03-24-2019 at 08:52 PM.
Old 03-24-2019, 10:09 PM
Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
Tandemkross Gearbox

Are you using the Tandemkross flat trigger or the stock trigger ? Mine should be arriving this week .I already have their flat trigger and that was a great improvement , can't wait try the gearbox in mine....

Old 03-25-2019, 09:12 AM
TANDEMKROSS
RFC Sponsor

RFC Sponsor
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I'm glad you all like the GearBox! I didn't realize the Practical was that different from other models, but I'm glad you figured it out. That's the kind of thing I'll have to try to include in future videos.

-Bill
Old 03-25-2019, 03:09 PM
Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
Internally they are the same , its just a pain getting the one piece grips off the frame without moving all the internal parts
Old 03-25-2019, 09:08 PM
Talyn

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUSTY OLD COLT View Post
Are you using the Tandemkross flat trigger or the stock trigger ? Mine should be arriving this week .I already have their flat trigger and that was a great improvement , can't wait try the gearbox in mine....
Stock triggers on both my pistol and rifle.
Old 03-26-2019, 12:37 PM
rdas

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TANDEMKROSS View Post
I'm glad you all like the GearBox! I didn't realize the Practical was that different from other models, but I'm glad you figured it out. That's the kind of thing I'll have to try to include in future videos.

-Bill
The issues with reassembling a Buckmark with the one-piece wrap-around rubber grips is not specific to the Practical model; many Buckmark models with the URX grip frame use those same grips.

Models with two-piece grips (whether UFX/standard grip frame, or UDX grip frame, or URX grip frame) are much easier to deal with.

Dave