List of Non-compatible AR15 Triggers in Tippmann M4-22? - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-04-2019, 09:21 AM
backtrack9

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
List of Non-compatible AR15 Triggers in Tippmann M4-22?

Does anyone have experience with aftermarket AR15 triggers not working with the Tippmann M4-22? Some people have mentioned ELF AR9 triggers work fine. Also, people have also mentioned the Geissele two-stage (Brownel's version) BG2S did not. What is everyone's experience with swapping triggers on these units.
Old 03-25-2019, 12:28 PM
backtrack9

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
ALG ACT with JP Reduced Power Springs

Well, this past weekend I had a chance to finally test my new M4-22 rifle. Before even taking it to the range I removed the original trigger and replaced it with an ALG Defense ACT trigger. I also used the JP Reduced Power trigger and hammer spring set. I did this to help eliminate bolt speed reduction when cycling low energy ammunition. People have been reporting trigger reset issues when using CCI Standard (MV ~1020ft/s). The hammer spring obviously does not need to be the same strength as one used on a center fire rifle so it makes sense to reduce the hammer spring weight if it is causing problems with the rifle cycling certain types of ammunition. I tested ammo which was ~1000 ft/s or lower and had no problems with cycling or trigger reset. I did this testing without using a suppressor so there was no backpressure helping cycle the bolt any more than normal. I never experienced a light primer strike even when testing with Remington Golden Bullets, Thunderbolt or Federal bulk pack. The JP Reduced Power trigger and hammer springs (yellow set) are certainly a good option for anyone who absolutely needs the Tippmann M4-22 to work with CCI Standard or subsonic rounds with a MV~1000 ft/s. The resulting trigger pull weight is still 3lbs when using the ALG ACT, so there was no worry of dropping it to an unreasonable level.