Boerne Tuesday Night Wranglers ABRA/ARA 3/26/2019 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-24-2019, 06:23 PM
hi2utoo
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Boerne Tuesday Night Wranglers ABRA/ARA 3/26/2019

We’ll be kicking off something new this year at our little club, Boerne Shooting Club, est. 1864, just on the outskirts of Boerne, Tx.
It’s called the Boerne Tuesday Night Wranglers and will consist of 2 sanction matches, ABRA and ARA.
The ABRA match will kick off at 6pm CST consisting of 2 cards and the ARA will kick off at 7:30pm consisting of 3 cards. The matches will be every 4th Tuesday of the month, excluding August, with the last match in October. Note the above is the starting time of the matches so try to be at the range no later than one hour before the matches and hopefully most will want to shoot both. I’ll have the gate open no later than 3pm for those who want to arrive early and get some practice in.

As the match director, and wanting to give back to the competitors, I will be running a points award system up to 4 points per match for the winner, 3 for second, 2 for 3rd and all others in the class will get 1 point, the points will depend on how many competitors per class there are for the ABRA now that there is 4 possible classes. The ARA match will consist of just the one standard unlimited class. At the end of the year the top 3 with the most points will be awarded prizes. It may be cash, gift card, or items and every $ that’s paid will go back to the shooters, but I will guarantee a minimum value of $75.00, $50.00 and $25.00 if not more.

As an added bonus for this Tuesday if there are at least 10 paying competitors who shoot both matches, at the end of the night I will have a drawing and one lucky shooter will get their entrée fee back.

The cost will be 5 dollars a target, but if you shoot both matches, 5 cards it will only be $20.00.

If you have any questions you can go to our club web site, www.boerneshootingclub.com and under event directors I’ll be listed, Les Williams, along with my contact information. I generally let my phone go to voice mail due to telemarketers, just leave a voice mail and I will call you back.

Looking forward to the year and hopefully it will be a successful one.

Les Williams
Old 03-27-2019, 08:15 PM
hi2utoo
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thumbs up Boerne Shooting Club Tuesday Night Wranglers

Well the first Boerne Tuesday Night Wrangle shootout is in the books and wanted to give a shout out to all of those who attended last night's matches and definitely appreciate the support. With the unusual format of shooting back to
back different sanctioned matches it may have seemed odd at first but got positive feedback and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves.
We kicked off the ABRA 2 card match at 6pm with 9 competitors hitting the benches. There was a good showing for the new bolt gun class, heavy barrel, aka "Unlimited", with 4 shooters giving it a try. Hubert Kelsheimer took
the class win with new shooter Josie Hensler coming in 2nd.
In semi auto unlimited, Lisa Chacon took the lead on the final lap to hang on for the win over Allen Taylor who fail short by 1 point.
James Clarke won the semi auto factory and in his favor he was the only runner in that class to make it to the line, so one could say he was a shoe in for the win.
Note that the conditions for the ABRA match were slightly challenging with switchy head wind. Miss that 12 o'clock pivot and you paid the price.
At 7:30 we kicked off the second half of the show with a 3 card ARA match and 12 wranglers decided to play the ponies. After the dust had settled Macky Locklin took home the bacon with a nice 3 card agg. of 2270. I, Les Williams, was hot on his heels and finished just 10 points behind for 2nd.
Mr. Joe Chacon, aka "Chacon Customs" pulled up the trifecta with a 3rd place finish.
By now the winds had gone to bed and the temperature was
dropping fast. Our little lady friend *Miss Mirage* decided to show up by card 2 and wanted to dance. I pulled out the trusty fan, others went to paper target shields, trying to avoid having to dance with the ole lady.
Had a drawing at the end of the evening for one lucky shooter to take home their entrée fee and Macky Locklin was the cowboy with the winning hand.
So until next time, y'all stay straight in those saddles and don't be kissing any rattlesnakes.

Les Williams
Old 03-27-2019, 08:51 PM
MrsShootingThing

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)