Rock Island XTM-22 (.22 WMR) - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-14-2018, 09:08 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (47)
Rock Island XTM-22 (.22 WMR)

My LGS finally found me one of these at a normal price. Most listed on GB are selling for $100 over MSRP!

I have two more mags coming as well, so next week it's off to the range to see how well it runs and shoots.

If it turns out to be a keeper, the hammer/sear will get a massage... along with some new grips and probably some grip tape on the front strap.

Old 03-14-2018, 09:20 AM
mongochicago
Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I am jealous. Hurry up and shoot it so we can get your range report.
Old 03-14-2018, 10:01 AM
JTJ
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
That does look good. Now if it shoots. What is the mag capacity?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2018, 12:55 PM
ktm247

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJ View Post
That does look good. Now if it shoots. What is the mag capacity?
to many for us poor new yorkers
Old 03-14-2018, 03:36 PM
mongochicago
Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
14 round magazine
Old 03-29-2018, 05:51 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (47)
The pistol ran almost perfectly, no failures to fire, feed or extract. The slide stop movement is a bit sticky, so slide didn't lock back every time, but that will be an easy fix (polish face of side stop and tip of plunger). All three magazines worked great.

Only used two types of ammo today, CCI Maxi Mag 40gr JHP and Fiocchi 40gr JSP. Best accuracy was from the Fiocchi, easy 1" (10 shot) groups at 20 yards. CCI was only slightly larger. Both shot to point of aim, which surprised and pleased me!

I changed grips before the range, had these from Strike Fire in my parts bin, and like them better than the rubber that came on it.

Old 03-30-2018, 08:51 PM
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I just found one and picked it up today, and I might not get a chance to shoot it for about a week. From initial inspection, it seems that it also has a problem with the slide not locking back on an empty chamber. It only comes with one magazine.

9x19 - Do you have a part number for the magazines? I would like to order a few. Also, please keep us advised as to the effectiveness of any changes to correct the last shot hold open issue.

Overall the fit and finish appears very good with a good trigger as well. I am looking forward to shooting this gun. I have been lusting for one for about two years, ever since they first announced them, and I can't believe that I am now in possession of one!
Old 03-31-2018, 09:05 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (47)
Slide stop problem on mine was a fairly deep dimple combined with a really stiff spring. Engagement with the magazine follower was good, but the magazine spring just wasn't stout enough to push the slide stop up every time.

Sanded down the face of the slide stop just a wee bit, broke the bottom edge of the dimple with a needle file (touched it up with a bit of cold blue) and took one coil off the plunger spring.

Now locks open every time when hand-cycling... I expect the same when I get it out to shoot some more.

I got my other two mags from these folks (no issues): https://advancedtactical.com/product...-rnd-22-magnum
Old 04-03-2018, 06:33 PM
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I took mine out and shot it today. It was sunny but windy, 15-20 mph, and about 38-40 degrees F, so my range time wasn't really long. Today was mostly about function and it worked perfectly!!! No failures of any sort except between my ears. My brain must have suffered from wind chill, because I only loaded 10 rounds in the mag, forgetting that it held more than that.

I shot about 70 or 80 rounds, a variety of CCI, Remington, and Winchester with groups of about 3" at 15 yards. I am sure I could have done much better without the wind. I easily hit a gong at 100 yds by holding over about 6".

As I stated in an earlier post, when I would manually cycle the gun, the last shot hold open would not work. I pulled out the slide catch and polished and tapered the detent hole a bit as 9x19 suggested, but it still would not engage when I manually cycled the slide (with an empty magazine). However, when I shot the gun, it never failed to lock back after the last round! I was pleasently surprised by that, and happy that it was working. I am very happy about the performance of the pistol and it is much more solid of a gun than the Kel-Tec PMR-30, with the heft and feel of any full size 1911. Now I just need to order some additional magazines.

Last edited by Sub sailor; 04-03-2018 at 06:40 PM.
Old 04-04-2018, 10:02 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (47)
Awesome!

I agree this pistol is much better in terms of feel than the KelTec, and even better than the old AMT with it's thin grip.
Old 08-11-2018, 11:57 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (47)
I was over in E. Texas yesterday visiting my older brother, and we put another couple of boxes thru the Rock Island XTM, no bobbles and very good accuracy.

My brother tried several times to convince me to leave it there, so... now I have to find a Rock Island for him.
Old 08-22-2018, 02:48 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (47)
Met my brother for lunch today (about half way between his place and mine ~ an hour drive for each of us), and surprised him with his own Rock Island... he's very happy.

His pistol is about 1200 numbers higher than mine, so they have made quite a few since I got one.

The food was great!
Old 08-24-2018, 01:28 PM
Wanderson

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
RIA XT-22 mag slide lock?

Just curious, I just picked up a NIB RIA XT-22 magnum and all the reviews I've seen and the manual mine came with say the slide does NOT lock back on last round.

Haven't taken mine out yet, I usually stock up on CCI 40 gr. fmj maxi mag as that seems to run well thru the other .22wmrs I have (PMR-30, CMR-30 & Henry pump rifle) but I'm trying to find some good SD ammo like CD or Speer gold dot that's made for pistols.

Wish Armscor had included another mag and charged me $30 more. I don't understand why anyone sells a handgun with only one mag. Advanced tactical still seems to have the best price at $30. I've ordered a lot of mags from Greg Cotes LLC and they're about $35. Brownells is asking $45 and I swear I saw them for $55 on Cheaper Than Dirt.

I also read in an online review that there was an adjustment for the delay in the lockup, something to do with the rear portion of the chamber and how early or late it 'unlocks' or releases. It was described as an adjustment for low or high pressure ammo. I don't plan to mess with mine just yet but I'm curious as it's not referenced in the owner's manual.
Old 08-24-2018, 09:52 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (47)
I think that adjustment is meant for the LR pistol, not the magnum.
Old 08-25-2018, 04:33 PM
trout48
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (10)
I had problems with stove pipeing with the factory mag ordered two from Advanced tech and they run great. You are going to love it everybody was up in arms with the fixed sights but mine shoots to POA at 25yds. I do not believe I would stretch it past 50 and I will be at the range this week to do that.