Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

What's Everyone's favorite rifle case

5K views 22 replies 16 participants last post by  rugerguy211 
#1 ·
I'm getting a TD and it needs a good home. What does everyone think ...

Nick

#2 ·
For the moment my TD stays in it’s Ruger supplied case. Depending on your needs, the Cabelas extreme armor cases (similar to Pelican and SKD) in the tactical rifle size would allow for the TD and many accessories. Plano also has some nice hard cases in that class these days. As far as soft cases... I haven’t really looked at those lately.

#3 ·
I continue to use the case that came with it. I've been mindful of picking mods that are compatible with that "fit".
I've got a Magpul Backpacker stock and UTG Bugbuster scope and it still fits the case.

I think even if you go with a barrel mounted optic option, you'd just need to use the 1 larger sleeve to fit the barrel (with optic) vs the narrow one.

So, I don't leave it "clipped" together as it shows in the ads, I've seen others use something like "violin" cases to fit the whole Magpul Backpacker assembly when it's snapped together.

#4 ·
I got this case off Ebay as I recall. Cheaper than the Ruger case, but the identical case for all intents and purposes. Ignore the barrel of my ATD sticking out. The picture was taken before I installed QD rings on my scope. The case has 2 pouches on the right inside. One for the scope and one for the barrel. External pockets are big enough for a couple boxes of ammo or other necessities. I use the carbon arrows cut off and plugged with corks for instant reload tubes. Pouch on the left is for the stock.

[/URL][/IMG]

Real good padding and an off-the-shoulder strap like some back packs. Plus a carry handle on the top end and a very robust double track zipper.

VH :eek:man:

#7 ·
I bought a UTG 36" Alpha Battle Carrier Sling Pack from Optics Planet about a year ago. I think I paid around $60 for it. It has definitely become my favorite bag to bring to the range. I can fit my TD and another 10/22 (both with scopes) inside of it and they are very well protected. Also has 3 large pockets on the front that can hold handguns, mags, ammo, etc. The sling setup makes it fairly easy to carry even when it's fully loaded.

#9 ·
I still sport the stock bag and it actually serves me nicely. I did add a molle ammo case on the bottom, but everything fits like it was designed for it. I did black out the red ruger logo with an oil based black paint marker. My only complaint is that I wish it came with two straps instead of one. Anyone know where I can purchase an extra strap?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#13 ·
Well it's certainly heavier than most 10/22 TD setups, but my goal was to have a modular 10/22 rifle system, weight and portability were not my focus. I realize that is not the case for most people with a TD. Unfortunately I don't have a suppressor, the item on the bottom right of the upper tray is just a Magpul stock cheek riser insert. Suppressors are prohibited for civilians in Canada - although we don't have an SBR rule, so the charger barrel on a rifle is non-restricted.

#15 ·
I ordered one of these, but haven't got it yet - Copper Basin Takedown Firearm Backpack. I got it for my Magnum Research ML-1722 pistol with 10" carbon fiber barrel ( Charger like) which is 21" long and will have a scope mounted and bipod.

It is supposed to be correctly dimensioned pockets for popular takedown-style rifles and compact firearms such as Ruger 10/22 takedown and 22 Charger, kriss vector, AK & AR pistols - with installed optics and bipods.

http://www.copperbasingear.com/takedown-firearm-backpack.php

#18 ·
Where did you find one in stock? I tried buying the Copper Basin TD bag for over a year. Every place I tried said they are no longer in stock and they won't be getting any more in. A couple places took my order but never ended up getting it and had to refund my $.

#20 ·
Finally have all the pieces back, the MLR-1722 is all back together, and I have the Copper Basin backpack case. I can easily slip the entire pistol with the scope, and bipod into the main compartment with no problems. It also comes out simply by unzipping the very top, reaching into that compartment and pulling it out. That leaves all the other compartments for carrying ammo and other gear. I 'm very impressed with how easy the MLR-1722 slips into and out of that main storage compartment with everything attached.

I found a "used" Bushnell Banner 4-12x40 scope (AO down to 10 yards) that is currently mounted. I had a Bushnell Elite 2-6x28 pistol scope but did not care for the limited eye relief shooting from various positions. We will see how the rifle scope works out shooting off a bench or prone using the bipod, and then off-hand supporting the stock behind the bipod with the left hand. I think both grandpa and the grand kids will have fun with this one.

BTW my MLR-1722 has an overall length of 19" and the width is about 10". Only updates are a Brimstone Tier 2 trigger job (2.3 lbs) & mag release. The Tactical Solutions Compensator was moved from my Browning Buckmark Target pistol as I think it looks better on the MLR-1722 than the pistol.

Sorry the pictures got rotated during the upload.

Attachments

#23 ·
I use the standard bag for my TD. An SR22 and 4 mags fit nicely in the top zippered pocket. The lower pocket holds 25 round mags and some ammo. I attached a small molle bag for eyes, ears, a few tools, more ammo and mags. A cardboard tube (for mailing documents) holds targets and sits in the bag next to the TD barrel pocket. An old laptop shoulder bag strap matches the stock strap so the whole thing carries like a normal backpack.
I did not like the Ruger emblem. First tried blacking it out, but it still showed to much for my liking. Then I put an iron on patch over it. The patch commemorates old Rte 66 in Arizona.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.