Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Target suggestions 100 yards

3K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  gunsmokeer 
#1 · (Edited)
I am starting a summer 100 yard off-hand shoot at our club. We will shoot paper targets and steel gongs. I need suggestions for an affordable paper target. I think a target with a white 10 ring would be helpful but I'm not sure and I'm not seeing any available.
I'd appreciate any helpful comments.

#11 ·
Why not start a smallbore silhouette match?

We shoot out to 100 meters (~110 yards) and the reactive steel targets are very satisfying to see when you hit them and they go flying.

If you're shooting offhand and you've never tried silhouette you should do yourself a favor and try it out.

#15 ·
Spotting between shots?

Will people in this "fun match" be able to spot their shots individually?
If so, I'd go with a lighter-colored target, not black, to facilitate seeing the holes through a spotting scope or higher-magnification rifle scope from 100 yards back.

I don't have time to scour the internet or Google images for the ideal target, but I think it would come on poster-sized paper (about 24" per side), have a round bulls' eye colored green, sky blue, light brown, or some other suitable color that's just dark enough to contrast the white or manila paper around the bull. The aiming bull should be about 8" to 10" wide, which accommodates fun shooters who'll be using iron sights, non-magnifying red dot optics, or maybe a .22 rimfire rifle with a fixed 4X scope. So make the aiming bull pretty big.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.