Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

"13 MM" funner - Rico's Game

18K views 67 replies 13 participants last post by  Vincent 
#1 · (Edited)
:cool: " 13 MM " funner
NOW, wanna introduce a "starter" up game; and a "few" guidelines;

since this game is measured in MM's, plz mark your targets in Metrics.
IF your caliper does not have that button to switch to Metric, simply multiply
your groups by 25.4 and you will have the MM equivalent

> any bolt action as was decided upon here, sporters and varmints are both welcome, NO seperate classes,

> targets of your choice are to be shot at 50 yards. 4 shots each bull, 4 bulls on one card. to qualify,
ALL 4 bulls need to be equal to or less than < 13MM =B avg=8.23

Like Rico, we know the true mark of a great sporting/varmint rimfire rifle is inside 1/2" at 50 yards. I am not here to take Rico's place, but to carry on a fine tradition of 50 yard accuracy and excellent marksmanship. Thanks Rico for starting this fine thread. We miss you.

Here is a link to Rico's posting so you can research the accuracy of some of the rifles listed:

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=220588&highlight=13+MM+funner

1. OPS MGR CZ amer.. avg=6.70
2. RIGRAT..CZ Trainer avg=8.77
3. RICOCHET..Savage .17 HMR avg = 9.79
4. Fanofdefever..CZ Trn avg=11.41
5. Fanofdefever..CZ Amer .17 HMR..
6. GMD1950..SAKO QUAD .22 lr avg=10.13
7. GMD1950..Annie.22LR avg = 8.54
8. MCMEAN..CZ HM2 V avg=6.83
9. Tony Mig Weatherby .22lr .. avg=9.00
10. MCMEAN..Marlin 917 m2 avg=7.85
11. FORREST R..CZ Lux avg=7.31
12. MCHUGHCB....Sako Quad .22 LR avg = 8.13
13. MCHUGHCB....Sako Quad .22 mag avg=7.98
14. MCHUGHCB....Sako Quad .17M2 avg= 8.27
15. MCHUGHCB..Sako Quad .17HMR avg=9.06
16. JJIA..Rem 504 avg=10.69
17. GMD1950..TOZ78 avg=9.20
18. SLOWHANDDD..Ruger 77/22 avg=6.78
19. ZANEVMK..Savage MK II FV avg=9.93
20. GMD1950..Kimber SVT avg=7.04
21. CLEM-E..CZ 452 V avg=4.37
22. HOUSTON-WHAP..Cooper LVT .22 mag avg =8.03
23. HOUSTON-WHAP..Cooper Hunter avg =10.24
24. SPEED 647 Savage MkII..avg =9.54
25. BUCKEYEAIR Savage MK II FV avg = 9.54
26. MTETM..452 Varmint avg=9.08
27. CNELSON 181 CZ American 452..avg =9.92
28. DOUBS43..CM2 .. avg=7.75
29. MIDWEST SWISS..CM2 CADET avg=7.75.
30. MERDA CAPOOCIA..Savage MKII FV avg=6.90.
31. TLARBB..540X REM avg=10.11.
32. TONYMIG..CZ453 avg=8.95.
33. HOUSTON WHAP..Cooper .17MKII avg=6.28.
34. HOUSTON WHAP..Anshutz 1702...17M2 avg=8.97
35. Corp Punishment..TOZ 78.. avg=9.33
36. MIDWEST SWISS..CZ 452 Varmint.. avg=11.40
37. TLARBB..541S.. avg=10.48
38. JGEE..KIMBER 541S.. avg=8.67
39. JGEE..KIMBER 541S.. avg=8.67
40. MSChatterbox..CZ452 American. avg=8.7
40. TLARBB..CZ 452 FS avg=6.59
41. CRPDIEM..Ural Vostok avg=8.01
42. GMD1950..CZ American avg=8.34
43. TimberBeast63 CZ Full Stock.. avg=8.57
44. Ammohog..Savage MK2 FV.. avg 9.8
45. GMD1950..CZ American .17M2..avg 8.92
46. Harrishmasher..Savage MK2 BV..avg 10.66
47. FiremanFrank ... Winchester Wildcat Varmint ... avg 9.22
48. FiremanFrank ... Marlin 17VS ... avg 9.35
49. FiremanFrank ... Remington 540 XR ... avg 7.70
50. FiremanFrank ... Toz 78-01 ... avg 10.2
51. Trimguy ... CZ 452 Varmit ... 9.635
52. Ammohog ... Rem 541T ... 8.41
53. Ammohog ... Rem Model 5 ... avg 8.49
54. COW 54 ... CZ 452 Special/Trainer ... avg 9.55
55. Cedestech ... Marlin 2000 ... avg 11.13
56. Robmints ... CZ 452 American 16 ... avg 7.83

See less See more
#6 ·
Your name added to the list .. again! Fine shooting, I know it was fun! Looking forward to your next venture. (Did you post a pic of the gun?)
I don't believe I did Sir, my apologies.....

A 2009 stamped CZ American .17m2, Yodave trigger kit to a pound, Intensity 6.5-20 scope in Warne 7.3 22 rings. Barrel is floated and that's about it. She's a stone killer so far on a variety of small vermin, almost too easy out to 125 yards.:t

AmmoHog....thanks for taking up this game, guys like Rico and now you make this a great place to hang our hats.

#5 ·
Closing thread.....

Sad as it seems, closing the thread would avoid confusion. Request made. Is anyone doing the SS thread? If not, let me know and I will do my best to help. Working on the color thing..... got some savvy youngun's to help me with the crayola stuff...... LOL! If I miss something or someone, please let me know or email me asap. I know I will make some mistakes, so be kind and tell me what, when, where, and how. Just some advise to qualifiers, hold that cottonpickin rifle STILL! .. Later

#9 ·
Sad as it seems, closing the thread would avoid confusion. Request made. Is anyone doing the SS thread? If not, let me know and I will do my best to help. Working on the color thing..... got some savvy youngun's to help me with the crayola stuff...... LOL! If I miss something or someone, please let me know or email me asap. I know I will make some mistakes, so be kind and tell me what, when, where, and how. Just some advise to qualifiers, hold that cottonpickin rifle STILL! .. Later
I also made the request with links to both threads. For now I will do the 13mm on SuperStock and WIZZr has volunteered to take over some. I will take a look at what Ricochet had going and ask for volunteers to take over various games.

#13 ·
harrishmasher-

That is one fine looking Savage/Mueller setup you have there. That is what I wanted before I got my FV. How do you like that Mueller scope? Not my fault, my wallet puckered up at the last minute, and..........now you know the rest of the story! LOL!

#14 ·
That is one fine looking Savage/Mueller setup you have there. That is what I wanted before I got my FV. How do you like that Mueller scope? Not my fault, my wallet puckered up at the last minute, and..........now you know the rest of the story! LOL!
I have only shot with it twice...so far I'm very impressed. I have only had the BV for a few months, I'm pretty new to rimfire. I originally had a Mueller APV on it and decided to move up in magnification. Here is a little review I posted in the scope section:

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=308195

#18 ·
Okay, I took the Winchester Wildcat Varmint model out for it's 2nd day at the range. I just got this rifle two days ago so I am happy with my progress with it. The rifle has no modifications and only the trigger has been adjusted down and greased (still at 3 pounds though). This morning the range conditions were just a slight breeze and cold (for Florida) so I thought I might be able to squeeze in. The rifle shot a 7 group aggregate of .366 so it is a shooter.
I am convinced it will do better once I get some more time on it. My average for the 4 groups was a 9.22 mm. I used SK standard Plus ammo. Sorry for the picture but it was raining outside so this is one of it indoors.

The submission.

The rifle

- Frank

The rifle is stock with the addition of a set of Burris rimfire signature rings holding a Nikon 6-18x scope.

#21 ·
Another entry

I took my Marlin 17VS to the range today and shot the target below. It was my second sheet as the first group of 4 I pulled one shot. Six of the 8 groups were sub .400 so the gun is consistent for about 100 rounds or so before it needs cleaning.

The target. A 9.35mm average

The rifle.

It is a Marlin 17Vs with a Rifle Basix trigger and a Nikon 4.5-14x scope. I used Hornady 17 grain V-max ammo. It is one of my favorite rifles and a variable wind of 5-10 mph did not affect it much at 50 yards. I was very happy with how it shot in the wind.

#23 ·
Thanks and yes I have been at the range a lot lately. The conditions have been pretty good most days and there are many contests to try to qualify for. This rifle makes things too easy as it has made each contest either the first day or second day of shooting it. The only contender so far for being a great gun for me is the Winchester Wildcat I own.
I have plans to keep you busy. Many guns to make the list yet.:D

- Frank

#24 ·
Remington time

I shot my Remington 540 XR today at the range and it was shooting very well. I was cold but the wind was light most of the time so I gave it a go. I shot a 7.70 mm average for 4, 4 shot groups. I used SK standard plus ammo and the rifle has a Bausch & Lomb 6-24x scope mounted in Burris signature rimfire rings.

The target

The rifle

I almost made this game with my CZ 452 but I had one flier so one of the groups was too large. Next time I'll get it in. Thanks for running the game.

- Frank

#26 · (Edited)
Almost

I gave it a try today but I had trouble working the bolt due to an injured right palm from training. It hurt everytime I worked the bolt and my palm was 50% larger when I finished at the range. If only I could get swollen biceps.:D
I am fairly certain it will make it next time. I am almost out of CCI greentag so I will have to try something else. I thought I would post the target though as a couple of the groups were quite small. This one may be more accurate than it's heavy barrel brother.
The scope is a Millett 4-16x AO in BKL rings.

This target did not qualify as one group is too large. Yes, I know I need sighters for the official posting but I could see the one group was too big.

The target, 4 shots at 50 yards per group. Overall average was 9.93 mm.

The rifle. It is a Russian Toz 78-01 with no mods or adjustments.

- Frank

#27 ·
Fireman Frank

Not bad, not bad at all. Looks as though the Toz 78-01 is showing great promise. Have your tried any other target ammo? Box stock? Not even a pressure pad? Very good! Keep trying, I am sure the Toz will come around to your way of thinking.

#28 · (Edited)
Humble submission

I slept in and in the hurry to get to the range before the wind starts blowing I forgot the CCI greentag. Crud, well it made it with the RWS target rifle but I think it will do better with the greentag. Oh well. I shot this with the Russian Toz 78-01 from 2 posts earlier.

The target, a 10.2 mm submission.

Thanks for running the game.

- Frank

#30 ·
Considering I paid over 2x that for my light colored wood version I would buy it so fast you would think I was just a blur. They are supposed to come with 4 magazines so you may want to verify that. They are apparently fitted to each rifle at the factory as my two Russians magazines are not interchangeable.
Also keep in the mind the dovetail is 11mm. I used BKL rings on mine and they haven't moved yet.

- Frank

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.