Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Lithgow 101 vs Vudoo Sinister 100 Yard Journey - Arms Race

6K views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  skwerl457 
#1 ·
Breaking in the Lithgow 101 22LR

Lately DM45 and I have been on journey to master 22LR at 100 yards, when I say master I use that word lightly. I guess it really is more about bragging rights than mastering. Both he and I started this journey with Kimber 82G's unfortunately for me DM45 the OLD airforce guy is leading this arms race 2 to 0. Knowing that it had to be the rifle and not the shooter :) I decided to bring in a Lithgow 101 22LR to better compete with the airforce guy.

Well not to be outdone DM45 decided to turn this thing into a serious arms race and reached out to Vudoo Gunworks and bring in a Vudoo Sinister.

So this quickly turned into an arms race.

For the rest of the story and pictorial visit http://www.dayattherange.com/?p=6493

Now before everyone breaks out the pitchforks I had to post this way as there are over 30 detailed images included which is not allowed by rimfirecentral. Also you will not find advertisements of no sort on this page it is my private blog and I do not make 1cent from it being online.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Thanks for the link - Interesting comparison between the two brands. I see you mentioned the humble Mark II - Some of these shoot way above their price point IME.
Re ammo - Last time I talked to Lithgow, they tested with Center X. In my un-modified LA101, I've found proven lot numbers of SK Rifle Match to shoot as well as any of the entry level stuff out there. My re-barrelled LA101 is head spaced for Lapua but is perhaps the least ammo picky rim fire I currently have here - Shoots Eley Team & Match very well indeed.
The LA101 triggers will go to roughly 16 ozs. with spring changes and a little work. No one I know down here has been able to take them any lower with reliability. Having said that, I have a number of German rifles here with some of the best factory triggers available and I don't feel handicapped with my modified Lithgow triggers.

Here's my wife's Lithgow & Mark II builds

#12 ·
My smith/friend told me basically what the lilja recommendation says. He said put a small brass brush in the chamber and work it about a bit then push it through one pass and pull it off after running a patch of cleaner through. Then follow up with another cleaner patch, then dry patches till they come out clean.

I have always had my doubts that a brass brush can damage a steel barrel too, but thats what he told me so thats what i do.

Wasnt trying to be snarky, i realize it may have came off that way now, i just dont want to see you damage a good barrel if it is possible.

Chad

#17 ·
One of the things your friend may have been trying to tell you in pulling the brush back through is to prevent any damage at all to the crown? This is the only reason I invested in the otis pull through system as you pull the brush and patch in the same direction of travel as the bullet. I never shove anything down the bore in the opposite direction, many people do and have been successful I just don't trust myself :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.