Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Picked up a TZO-17-01 today.

5K views 23 replies 10 participants last post by  Indiana_Jones 
#1 · (Edited)
Well I went to the gun show in Gonzlas, LA. yesterday which turned out to be a wast of time. Prices were marked up so high it wasn't funny.
Well the Cabela's store was on the way home and my son Austin asked to stop buy and look, so we did.
I found out that the guy that ran the gun dept. when they first opened is no longer there and the new guy is trying to clear out all the used guns that the old guy over paid for. They had a bunch of used guns marked down to what were fair prices. Some were marked down $100 or more.Well they had two Russian TOZ-17-01 22 boltion rifles marked down from $199 to $99 they were in pertty good shape but missing the magazines.
Will I passed on the little rifle due to the missing mag. but found out where I can get new magazines for $25. So today when I went to lunch I went back to Cabela's and got one of the rifles. The one I got is all original and the SN# on the bolt matches the rifle. The other rifle looked a little better but the stock had been cut and a rubber recoil pad nicley installed.
I do need to clean it up a little. I think it will go nice with my TOZ 78.

See less See more
#5 ·
Good find!

I've checked Cabela's, but the other one you've mentioned are not listed:(

Do you think they still have the gun?
Would it be to much trouble for you to check and maybe snap a picture or two?

Thanks!
I don't get out there very much, but the other fifle does look a little better then the one I got. The butt on it has been cut shorter by about an inch, but the thin rubber rifle recoil pad that is on it was done very good.

Here is the Phone# and fax # for the store if you would like to contact them.
PH# (225)743-3400
FAX# (225) 644-2436

#3 ·
#8 ·
Toz magazines

First may I say Hi to the good guys and else****,:p

Hope my first post don't offend enyone, it can be moved.

Toz 78 06 [heavy barrel threaded] I colleced mine Tuesday night, to the range PM tomorrow [friday]

If you are prepared to order from France this guy has a web page [not bought from him yet and his prices are lower, ]

he does print in english as well as French so should be OK; at 25€ for 5 shot and 29€ for 10 shot, we have to keep one in t'chamber just in case :rolleyes:

http://www.armurerie-lavaux.com/ssf.php?id=1&ids=48 he is near Calias

after 50 years shooting I sold out just over two years ago, poor health, now with a new country sane[ish] rules I am now Going to take part in local shoot. (but when I think of the cash I lost with dodgy dealers and bounced cheques, I should have burried them!)
Ken
a bit calmer now............

#10 ·
#14 · (Edited)
Several years ago a friend of mine had two of these NIB. He'd had them for a number of years. He gave one to me (tried to buy it, but he wouldn't sell). Lightened the trigger a bit and removed the cap on the end for easier bolt removal for cleaning. Shoots well. It came with 2 magazines (electro penciled with the rifle S/N - 1 & - 2), and the bolt is stamped with the S/N of the rifle. Does anybody know the history of these rifles?

#16 ·
i just picked up a TOZ the other day
i went into a local shop and was looking for 40x's when the little guy caught my eye
i gotta admit i dont or didnt know jack diddly about them but the markings
"made in the USSR" and no import marks was kinda cool and the rear AK style site well its different
they had it tagged 150.00 but said its been there for years then say if i let them make thier 20.00 transfer fee its mine
so they paid 60.00 plus the 20.00 80.00 bucks and it was mine
then the guys tosses in a 500rd box of ammo :Blasting_ :eek:

#19 · (Edited)
There are a couple of pictures on the rimfire site I am making, not much of a site and has popups and banners but free:

http://www.madpie.20megsfree.com
The smaller is the 5 round magazine that came with the rifle, the second is a 10 shot magazine that I managed to buy a few months ago for what would equal US$18.

You can get plastic magazines as well, there is a local guy selling two of them, he wants NZ$100 each (US$55) there is also a TOZ 17 with a scope and 2 magazines for $120 which is a better buy!

Well worth buying a 17 great value for the money!

Edit: Here is the manual in English

#21 ·
Hi Indy,

There are a few of us here, welcome to the site.
Yep, I like them too. Cheap way to get a great rifle. Spend most of my time here looking at 10/22 info as the TOZ does not need anything modified, though I might have a look at the pre travel and stop on the trigger.

Found out that the 10 shot is from a Aussie Sportco .22 clip on back just needs to be changed and they fit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.