RimfireCentral.com Forums - View Single Post - 22 short bolt and magazine combo?
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2019, 03:41 PM
iceweazel
US Navy Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Test_Engineer View Post
Thanks for the pics iceweazel. An interesting bit of Volquartsen history there.

The bolt and mainspring are about as I expected. The rod added in the front of the mag was expected too. But I have a other couple questions about the mags.

1) Is the little tab brazed onto the left feed lip there to hit the extracting shell and cause ejection to occur earlier than would happen with the stock ejector?

2) It appears the mag spring sits so it lifts the follower in the middle of the follower button track. Is this spring a smaller diameter so it can fit in the middle like that?

Maybe you could post a pic of the modified follower also? It's hard to tell how it was made/modified while inside the shell. Thanks!
haha. I actually lost a huge pile of photos from the weekend including a couple side by sides of the two followers and a mk2 follower. Let my youngest granddaughter (5) use the phone. Lost a pile of shots of the disection I did for her older sister's new Finnbiathlon I picked up recently, and the horror I found inside a Egyptian BRNO copy' stock. Not sure how she nuked them but I didn't lose them all at least.

I'll try and get some more shots up and see if I can find my box of shorts. I have some short snap caps somewhere too...

I don't recall the spring feeling any slimmer but that's a good point. We'll see.
Probably take a few days until I have the time.