RimfireCentral.com Forums - View Single Post - got really bad news today.
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2010, 08:59 PM
bone12

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I'll give Derek credit.....

where credit is due. You are one of the few union guys that I know that will admit that the union is no good for you. Sure alot of the older guys will get into an uproar about this, but let's face it, times have changed. I can't speak for every union worker. local, or even every trade, but as a whole the unuion is there for the good of themselves, and not the workers. Tell me what the difference is between a union and a pimp? There isn't any. How many times while you are struggling to make it on unemployment have the BAs been laid off?

Unions were once full of hard working, extremely skilled craftsmen. They are what built this country. Now days it is full of people who are only there because there is no fight or applications to go through to draw extended unemployment. A friend of mine moved here (KY) from MO 19 months ago. He was drawing before he left MO, and just now after 19 months of living here had to transfer his unemployment to KY. Now he can draw another 99 weeks here. That's a total of almost 4 years. There are many grops of people who catch h**l for living off of the gov., but how come this group is never mentioned.

Once again, I'm not trying to offend anyone, just calling it the way I see it. I am self employed and have been for over 10 years. I have never seen work as slow as it has been for the last 6 months, but you can bet everyday that I'm not working I'm out looking for work (net checking the mailbox).