RimfireCentral.com Forums - View Single Post - who reloads there CZ527 222rem
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2019, 05:41 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Oh man, I really should know the answers to your questions since my 527 has never seen factory ammo. From memory I can say there has never been any reloads that didn't fit in the mag....Within reason. Possibly a Nosler tipped bullet may pose a problem but I favor SP or HP bullets with mine. I don't have a real good way to measure the exact length only guessing by inserting a dummy round left long and Sharpie-ing the bullet to look for engagement marks. (I oft wonder how someone can say they seat their bullets .XXX" off the lands when I can never find bullets that are that consistent)

I can however try to give you a measurement of the total available space in the mag once I get up and moving this morning. Both calipers are in the shop 40 yds away and I'm still working one my first cup of coffee.

I hope you enjoy your 527 as much as I do mine. Mine is a 2004 vintage and still makes me smile.

Edit: I measured the max inside length of my 527 222 REM mag and found the longest tipped bullet cartridge length to be 2.204". The outside measurement front to back is 2.262" and there is no spacer in this mag. My 17HH/22H mag is the same outside length as the 222 REM but it has a spacer. IIRC the 223 REM mag is longer and requires a different bottom metal. My bolt extends back past the rear of my mag by about 1/8" so it might be possible to convert the 222 to use the 223 mag by changing the mag and bottom metal.

Last edited by 56S; 02-24-2019 at 06:05 AM. Reason: Got off my lazy duff and grabbed the calipers