Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2020 hunting pictures thread.

71K views 447 replies 95 participants last post by  huntsman22 
#1 ·
#195 ·
A few of the sage rats or gopher, ground squirrel. Actual name is Beldings Ground Squirrel . On our best days we shoot well over 100 each. From ranges of 2yds yes 2, out 125yds. I got a new Savage B17 and next spring hope to hit out to 150yds or more. Lotsa FUN.

Attachments

#198 ·
Nice pictures, Kilerham. Really nice Buck and with a bow too - extra special. Two Toms with a budy - Very nice. And, a couple of nice big catches. But, I don't recognize that species of fish. What are they?

#204 ·
Been waiting for a half sunny arvo to check out the nearby bunny population and today was it.

The RPR and CCI subs were the loadout and my faithful hamperer of sneakiness and quietness, Benny.

This spot is a trio of granite hills with some creek lines through them too.

Couldn't resist the first target that presented. :D

Next target.

Ben ran around like an absolute lunatic for the first 15 minutes or so - it's like having a racehorse orbiting you at high speed when you are trying to sneak. :(

What calibre to bust this bunny bunker?

There were a few of these on the ground - wood ducks - and some mountain ducks nearby too.

Bit of a nice still-hunting spot.

Faithful retriever.

The RPR shoots CCI subs well which made precise brain shots easy enough - I saved two for a friend who eats them and bakes me cakes in return. :D

Granite monolith complete with swallows nests.

Only shot about half a dozen but there were plenty of scratchings and also kittens starting to emerge so spring is looking good!

#205 ·

Ben ran around like an absolute lunatic for the first 15 minutes or so - it's like having a racehorse orbiting you at high speed when you are trying to sneak. :(

Faithful retriever.

Granite monolith complete with swallows nests.

Only shot about half a dozen but there were plenty of scratchings and also kittens starting to emerge so spring is looking good!
I hear you about the "race horse" like dog. Eika runs at warp speed when we first start to move into a field. I have take a round about route just to tire her out some. After a good bit of running and swimming she's good to heal for a bit. then she catches her second wind. Sometimes, I have to put her on a leash and work more on her "heal." Although she blows many opportunities, I believe the time we spend in the field now will pay off in the Fall. Besides, they make for great hunting buddies. Never once has she complained about being to cold, to wet, to hot. She just wants to go, go, go!

Always love seeing pictures your hunting grounds. They are very different than the rolling hills, farmland and woods I hunt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.