View Single Post
Old 04-22-2019, 10:46 PM
remnar
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TightProse302 View Post
Amazing work with that knife. How long did that take you? I'm in the midst of making my own knife too. It's always interesting for me to see what other people have made. I kinda grew up in a family of knife carvers and blacksmiths and all that. I naturally picked up a few tips and tricks from my uncle. From a young age, I've been trying to create my own little daggers and what not. Now however I am in search of a new model to try and recreate, something Arabic too. After browsing noblie.eu/product-categories/daggers I set my eyes on ”THE SIGN OF ROYALTY" dagger. Looks super classy with style, just generally looks posh. I don't think I will be able to get all the angles just perfectly right. But anyway it's just something for me to keep my mind busy with. Come to think of it I don't think I have ever once created a perfect dagger or knife. Well, learning is failing and starting over, I'll get better.
Thanks for the compliment. It's hard to say how many hours I put into it. I finished it over the course of about a week, working on it when I had the time. Making the brass guard was probably the most time consuming part of the process. I already had all the materials laying around from other hobbies so I just used what I had on hand. I have a couple of other blades that I plan to put handles on but those will take more planning. This first one was a test piece to help me learn a little about the process.