Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Show me your BRNO's!!!

407K views 935 replies 249 participants last post by  pt_NZ 
#1 · (Edited)
Alright guys...you have seen some of mine. :2ar15smil Now I want to see all those Old World Brno's...the grandfather to the modern CZ's. Rim-fires or center-fires...or even air-rifles for that matter. While I would love to see the rarity items show what you got...hopefuly someone will also have something I have never seen. Fire away, lets see'em.....and how long you have had them.
:Blasting_
:AR15firin
:snipersmi

#27 · (Edited)
Okay here are a few shots of my Brno's:

My Model #1's (middle one is my first Brno, circa 1947)

My whole Brno Rim-fire clan (Minus their Stecher-3 brother who is in transit :cool: )...All were bought NIB unfired

My current Center-fire clan...

My Brno Gang...(minus their Stecher-3 Brother)

And finally Brno's mixed with a few CZ cousins.

#29 · (Edited)
juano2001 said:
you are nutz!!
You think? :yikes: Can't even imagine why you might say that. Just a little I guess..Brno-nutz! :coco:
:t Nice collection, which is your favorite?
Thanks for the compliment...I think. I hope to add many more in the years to come...and there were several more that unfortunately have gone by the way side. :(

As to my personal favorite...With out even the slightest hesitation it would be my original and first bought Brno nearly two decades ago....my original 1947 Model#1. (pictured below) It would be the last gun to ever go...and has survived when times were to lean to justify it's ownership. :eek:

When the new Brno Match stocks arrive in the Fall from Denny, my #4 is going into one and I might just get around to seeing what it can really do...who knows, maybe it will become my favorite...for targets that is. However, since targeting is a bit secondary to me...my old #1's position is most likely safe. ;)

#34 ·
j.r. guerra in s. texas said:
Man, I just saw TOUs Brno collection - WOW!

Dude, (as we say in Texas), 'Thems nice shootin' arns' . . . :^)
Thx j.r., that means allot coming from you. :t (Just wished I hadn't sold so many off)

Something tells me that my modest RF collection is dwarfed by yours...not to mention you have SEVERAL nice Brno and CZ specimens yourself...many of which I only dream of. So, when are we going to see them in a family picture?

#35 ·
I do have a few rimfire rifles, been collected / shot over the years, but other than the Brno (and arguably) the CZ rifles, they are pretty much 'ho hum' stuff. Rugers n Marlins n Remingtons n . . .

A family portrait would be cool though. I'll have to get on that.

#38 · (Edited)
kjk200.
This stock is made/sell by a French gunsmith/riflemaker/stockmaker.
Originally those stocks are for a "serious" multicaliber rifle. Then he decided to make a smaller on in the same spirit for the 452 which is also well appreciated here.
Unfortunatelly:
- The web site is french only, http://perso.orange.fr/fmr-pantin/fmrunique.htm
and the page for this model didn't work.
Big one : http://perso.orange.fr/fmr-pantin/fmrunique_cataloguers1.htm
Got a pic of the faulty page :
http://pascalp2.free.fr/images/unique/59_FMR.jpg

- Price are huge, quality cost and little market.
You may bought nearly 1 1/2 452 only with the stock cost. More if you choose, as me, the rear sniper/benchrest end instead of a simple M4.

If I may help, feel free to ask.

Someone make a good job (tatical look) on another mod4, make dreaming of a Mac millan or choate inletted for 452.
French but a lot of pics!.
http://www.tirmaillyforum.com/mildot/viewtopic.php?t=27333

Two cousines:

#42 · (Edited)
FrenchCanadian said:
Here is a pic of my #4, purchased last February:

Came with factory peep and open sights, inluding half a dozen peep inserts.

Production date is 1956.

FC
Very nice FC, and looks to be in great shape. Mine didn't come with the peeps and apertures, just the front globe and micrometer tangent style rear. But Brnomann's fixing me up.

If I didn't say it before Pascal...I really liked both rifles but the sentimental part of me leans to the #4 in the Brno Match stock...even if you did shorten it. :yikes: Seriously it is nice and is probably much more user friendly that way.

Seems like quite a few #4's seemed to be up the Eastern Canada (Quebec) region, no?

Old Coastie.....I have to say it again...GORGEOUS! :t IF you ever do decide to sell put me first in line. ;) or at least request the first right of refusal after your kids. Seriously though, I am happy for your luck in finding it. I wouldn't ever sell that one either as it's so different than any I've seen and nicer than most.

Microgunner...you my friend are getting quite the RF collection full of gorgeous quality firearms.

Keep'em coming folks...great specimens.

Edit: I wonder if we should/could move this thread to a Sticky at the top along with the other CZ Photo one? What say you all?

#43 ·
Okay...I know there are more pics of Brno's out there....both on this site as well as ones that you just need to share with us all. Even if you have posted them before on a separate thread, please either re-post them here or maybe the links if you are unsure how how to post the pics and we will then help you. Either way...let's see some more Brno's. :D :t :t :t This way we can create a running log of all of our Brno's and folks won't not have to search all over RFC to see them. Sound cool?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.