RimfireCentral.com Forums - View Single Post - Mark IV sight elevation aggravation
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2018, 08:41 PM
Carrij
US Air Force NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabin22 View Post
Called Ruger CS this morning and the lady was pleasant and helpful. Ruger only makes one notched blade for the rear sight, which is what you get with the Target model. They do make two V-notch rear blades, High or Low, but they don't specify the relative heights of those. Doesn't matter, since I wasn't interested in the V-notch anyway. Ruger only makes one post style front sight, which is 0.430" in height. I didn't ask about the FO sight that accompanies the V-notched pistols.

So, my plan is to get a lower post front sight, and perhaps a second lower front sight with a green fiber optic in it. Midway has a couple by Tactical Solutions that should fit the Mark IV and measure 0.365, so we'll see how it goes. It will be a couple weeks before I can make the swap and try the new sight(s).
I have a M4 22/45 and I put Williams fire sights on it. Originally I bought A TS FO for the front sight. By mistake I got the.365 when I was supposed to use the .440 size. Send me a pm if you are interested in it.