Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

2nd Rusty Order Confirmation

2K views 30 replies 10 participants last post by  one-eyed jack 
#1 ·
I mailed the order for a second Rusty on 2-8-11

Yesterday, 3-2-11, I received confirmation.

We have received and verified your recent order. Your order will now advance to our sales area and from there to our shipping area. Please note, that unless otherwise listed, our order to ship time is at least 30-60 days. You will receive other emails as the order progresses.

Your customer # is XXXXXX. Please use this customer # in any communications with us concerning the order as that is where all of your information is stored.

Thank you for your order and support of our program.

Lindsey
Customer Service
Civilian Marksmanship Program

#7 ·
Poochie, if I thought I could count on wood like that, my order would be in the mail today!!

Nice work there.... I will be going up to the South store in May or before if I can land a potential project I got wind of this week. I am going to fill my rack a bit more with at least one more. Possibly 2. My nephew wants one as well. So once again, the back of the car will be filled to the brim with RUST---ies..... ;-)

#10 ·
So.........Here's the scoop on the second Kimber I just received........

ZERO rust........not even on the sight disc!

Not a spec of rust on the bolt..........Nada, none zip! The bolt cocking screw came out with no penetrating oil, no soaking....just a turn of the allen wrench. No drama! No rust in the bolt......none!

Loads of yellow preservative...........My hands are covered with it. I found Rem-Oil tales it right off.

The stock scratch was long, but very shallow. A bit of sand paper and some oil and you'll never know it was there.

Here's what I think............The Rusty rifles are gone and they are sending out "non-Rusty" rifles in their place.

I couldn't be more satisfied with the $800 I spent on these two rifles......SUCH A DEAL!

#13 ·
I am suprised it lakes a month or longer to merely confirm receipt of order. I understand it may take a month or two to actually ship the rifle. I mailed my check and paper work yesterday. I assumed next week I would get an email acknowledging my order-so much for that thought:(

#16 ·
FWIW, I mailed my paperwork in March 5. I received an e-mail from Lindsey on March 16th stating that they received my order on March 8th and that the order was proceeding to the sales area....

So it was 11 days from the time I mailed the paperwork and they acknowledged receiving my order.

Hang in there, I'm sure it'll be worth the wait! I've wanted to take advantage of ordering a rifle from CMP for years but never had the opportunity until now. I figure I better get one while the getting's still good. I've always wanted a 40X but decided the $400 for basically a new 82G with sights is too good to pass on. Depending on the price and my bank account I may still play the 40X lottery when CMP puts them up for sale but I'm sure they'll be more than $400 without sights and they definitely won't be in the condition the 82G's are. This way if I don't end up buying a 40X through CMP I'll be happy that I got in on the Kimbers and was able to experience buying a rifle through CMP before all the smallbore rifles are gone forever.

Good luck with your purchase!

#15 ·
Never been to Anniston, but I would guess they don't have a cadre of employees just opening mail. Furthermore, someone posted a picture of one of the baskets full of orders.....and it looked like one of those 4' square hospital laundry baskets on casters.
I called to confirm receipt of my order and Lindsey had not logged it in yet at the time, but knew almost to the day that she would do so, when I informed her of my sending date. So there is method to the madness.
Seems like others have had a 30 day interim between the Lindsey eMail and credit card swipe and then shipping.

#20 ·
The only scope rings I ever use..........Millet Angle Locks........Allow windage adjustment of both front and rear ring, thereby getting the scope perfectly over the bore, even if the drilled and tapped holes are a little off.

#23 ·
Second 82R arrived today; exactly five weeks after I sent order in to CMP. No razor slash at all. Decent wood. One small area of rust on the firing pin spring; not a problem since I was replacing it with a J&P prototype anyway. Heavy mother, first and second 82R's both 12# 3oz. About two hours from receipt to ready-for-the-range complete with scope mounting. I now have twins - and I also have two grandsons. It's neat when a plan comes together.

#25 ·
Wow OldSwede, 12# 3oz each? Must be some dense walnut on your rifles.

I'm still waiting for my first 82G to ship. Should be any day now. I'm trying to wait patiently but it's getting tougher each day!

#29 ·
OK! FedEx shows up in a car at 9:15AM and delivers me three smaller boxes than I expected. But the rifles were packed box-in-box and all unmarked, so handled with care.
Opened all three and inspected. All three had the visqueen bag cut, but the scratches on all were almost insignificant....hairlines and super shallow. I selected the prettiest walnut, Rob came by and selected his, and I was left with the third. All seem to have minimal corrosion. I have disassembled #1 and have the bolt parts in their bag of "soup", soaking away. The mainspring was almost pristine, and I expect the others will be as nice.
#1 gets a scope and #3 will get the iron sights. Hoping to have at least one ready for tomorrow.........pics forthcoming.
:beerchug:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.