Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Remington 547

267K views 1K replies 112 participants last post by  BobSc 
#1 · (Edited)
Thought I'd mention that I visited a gun shop and they told me that you can now order the Remie 547. They said the retail price was around $1300 for the LR version and they were willing to sell it for about $1050.

The price shocked me. I was expecting them to sell for around $800 like the Weatherby. So, I have a feeling this model will not last long in the market as it is priced in the Anshutz/Cooper area. Any thoughts?

As an aside, I looked at the new Ruger LCP 380 auto pocket model in person. It will be priced around $300. Kel Tec will not be able to compete with the new pocket auto with the strong Ruger name. The Rugers aren't for sale yet. I don't particularly like pocket autos, but I frankly was wanting to reach for my wallet on this one. It's sweet with a 8 lb trigger.

#931 ·
I was Hot for a 547c last year. I called every couple of weeks. They always said "any time now" all fall. I have called 4 times and left a message since feburary. No replies. Im done with it.
Glad i got mine when I did.Took around 9 months to receive it was worth the wait and pleased with how it shoots. i did have to ship it back to ILION NEW YORK CUSTOM SHOP for the trigger to be adjusted as it was over 5 pounds when they stated it would be around 3 pounds. Guess my only regret is I did not go all the way and have the custom shop install skeleton grip cap and butt plate. So has anyone purchased a Sturgis South Dakota Remington Custom Shop 547 or 547C and are they a better built rifle than the New York Remington Custom Shop rifles?

#934 ·
Classics

Yes two lightly used 547 Classics, in 22LR and 17HMR. The 22LR is from Dakota and the full test target says Remington Golden Bullets were used, at 50 yards ! Dated May 2015. Think the use of the GBs has been discussed before and still find it hard to believe. Would like to see them use Remington/Eley Match. Nice to see some posts in the 547 forums, has been pretty quiet around here.

#941 ·
The .17 and .22LR are mine. I have not shot either very much. The .17 will out 5 under a dime all day at 100. The .22 has only been shot with CCI subsonic ammo. It shoots that as well as my Volquartsen. The test target says it was shot with Golden Bullets and it is pretty impressive. I feel like match ammo would be scary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#943 · (Edited)

Finally got one of them temporarily scoped up. Only had a few minutes to get it on paper. Shooting off that rickety table with no rear rest. Straight out of the box. Haven't measured trigger yet. I'm guessing around 4lbs. Nice and crisp no pre or over travel.
While I didn't get to shoot much, I believe she's gonna be a laser!

#949 · (Edited)
Rem 547C and CCI A22

This thread sure has been quiet. Here is a range report for a 547C in 22WMR with the new CCI A22 ammo, 35 gr Gamepoint, a jsp. 50 yards 5x per bull 20 power scope, benched, low wind, bulls 1 thru 10. 11 and 12 are CCI 30 gr jhp HP + V. Not 22 match level accuracy but the most consistent WMR I have used, 15/64" c-to-c to 7/8" c-to-c. Bull 6 seemed to have the only flyer for the A22;

Update 10/24/16. Same rifle and similar conditions. CCI Maxi-Mag 40 gr JHP, the Choot-em packaging. 10 5X groups average is 11/16" center-to-center, not bad for a standard load:

#950 ·
Rem 547C and .17HMR

Results today Rem 547C in .17HMR, Hornady 17 gr V-Max. Sunny low wind 51F 50 yards 20X scope benched. 5 shot groups, only 1 greater than 1/2", top row center. Average all groups just under 27/64" c-to-c, at 0.4125". Excluding the outlier group, average then is just under 11/32", at 0.341" c-to-c. Very good consistency for the ammo and shooter, 9 out of 10 isn't bad ! Also tried Hornady 20 gr XTP (not shown) which averaged just under 1/2" for the same conditions.

#952 ·
547 thb 17hmr

Was contacted by Remington Custom Shop in Sturgis South Dakota today. I had sent in my rifle for accuracy problems. Ward said they adjusted the trigger to 3 pounds and had bedded the action to the stock. They shot 4 targets with it with V max bullets. I told him the v max bullets I had shot thru it were not as good as the the speer TNT bullets. Ward said they had no speer TNT to shoot thru it. Ward was sending the targets with the rifle. Ward told me I should be satisfied with the rifle now. No charge by the way.:)

#954 ·
CS

A member posted his thoughts on ordering a new 547 in .17HMR in the main Remington threads :http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=831250
Would like to know any current Dakota/Remington CS experiences also.
webfoot56 you are very lucky to have been contacted about your repair. May I ask how long it was there before being fixed ? I am dealing with them on another rifle and next to impossible to get a commitment on start time, much less total time. Dakota is now the CS for Remington and Marlin, plus their own Dakota models. They do excellent work but will be slow and seem to be really busy.

#955 ·
A member posted his thoughts on ordering a new 547 in .17HMR in the main Remington threads :http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=831250
Would like to know any current Dakota/Remington CS experiences also.
webfoot56 you are very lucky to have been contacted about your repair. May I ask how long it was there before being fixed ? I am dealing with them on another rifle and next to impossible to get a commitment on start time, much less total time. Dakota is now the CS for Remington and Marlin, plus their own Dakota models. They do excellent work but will be slow and seem to be really busy.
The 547 was received in the remington custom shop officially the first week of december. It sat there all of december. I called after christmas cause i had not heard from them. Lady that answered checked on it and assured me it was one of the first ones to be worked on right after christmas and new year holidays. She was true to her word as i should have it on monday. It is sitting in Des moines Iowa right now So it looks like about 6 week turn around. Anxious to see the targets they shot at 50 and 100 yards with it since they bedded the action I left a message with ward on his voicemail on Thursday he has not returned my call yet.

#957 ·
Also tried emailing Rick at Dakota Arms to orser a 547 Cgrade

I havent hear back from him(Rick Black). He told me to email him with all the options and that he would also search out a dealer that could order t up for me saving me a little more than paying the MSRP of $1995. Should I just contact the nearest dealer that the locator button found near est my home? HE mentioned they take $25% deposit .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.