View Single Post
Old 05-14-2021, 10:51 AM
bocash3
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Scatter and J. R.

THANK YOU !!!

I love learning and whereas I am sort of an expert about Smith revolvers, I depend on others for older Winchesters and sometimes Remingtons.

You information on both counts is good for me to learn.

Yes........... will leave open sights for field use. I have 4 other .222 that are scoped. I love the short barrel and smooth action, not crazy about the plastic parts, but it is what it is.

GOOD NEWS: the seller FOUND the original sight assembly in a box and sent it to me immediately from 100 miles away. INSTALLED and ready to sight in on sand bags at my cabin range next week. NEEDS REPLACING: the Windage Screw. The hex hole is stripped. I CAN get it out and have ordered a new replacement from Numrich.

So all is good. Am tickled with this little rifle in my favorite high power .22 caliber.

OH....................and it is an original 600 model with fairly low serial number...........of course real walnut stock and pretty straight grain wood.

Am now looking at that seller's Mohawk in 6mm. I've loaded for .243 since 1970. I do NOT have 6mm dies or brass so this could be a challenge that might make me decline that one.

Y'all take care, Bo

Last edited by bocash3; 05-14-2021 at 10:53 AM.