Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Rimfires dedicated to squirrel

18K views 83 replies 64 participants last post by  Al the Infidel 
#1 ·
I know we all have a vast collection of .22's, but how many are set up and dedicated to just hunt squirrels? What make, scope, etc. I see some great ones on here, and just interested if you use just one or have several. Mine are, CZ 452, 3x9 Nikon. Ruger 77/22, 4x12 Nikon, Ruger 10-22 sporter, 1.75x4 Bushnell, and Marlin 39a, 4x weaver.

#64 ·
Great thread!

I'm new to squirrel hunting as of this fall, so it's great to see how much of the thinking of the posters here is reflective of what I've come up with as my squirrel rifle.

I started with my Ruger Precision Rifle with a suppressor; while great for supported shots, I couldn't hit anything offhand with it.

I had an old 10/22, but it wasn't that accurate or quiet with the non threaded barrel.

So I started fixing it up and as of now have replaced everything but the receiver, first time out made a 20 yard offhand shot I definitely would have missed with my heavier gun.

KIDD 16" ultralite barrel threaded
KIDD trigger group 1.5 lb
KIDD bolt & springs
Magpul Hunter stock
Vortex Crossfire 4x12 AO
6" form 1 "solvent trap" suppressor

#66 ·
The rimfires that I have scoped are squirrel only. Remington 541S with Leupold 4x-12x, Remington 541S with Leupold 6.5x20 EFR, Kimber 82 with Leupold 6x-18x ( model with the 30 yard parrallax) Remington 504 Lilja barrel in .17 mach2 with Leupold 6.5x20 EFR. Both 6.5x20 's have 3/8" dots put in by Premier reticle. I've used dots for 40 years, they are the way to go for squirrels in my opinion.

#73 · (Edited)
A modified oldie but goodie!!!

A modified oldie but goodie!!! A Mossberg model 140B, relined to 17 Mach2. It is now wearing a 4x12 AO Simmons ProHunter, but what you see in the picture is a 4x12 AO old steel tube Weaver. Shooting Eley 17 Mach2!!! And yes it now has a trigger guard!!!:rolleyes: Doing what it does best. And yes this is an old picture.

I was expecting a lot more pictures. The first 3 pages had virtually no pics!!!:confused: Glad to see folks started posting pics of their squirrel getters!!!
God Bless, Frank.

#75 ·

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.