RimfireCentral.com Forums - View Single Post - 512 22WMR
Thread: 512 22WMR
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2019, 05:58 PM
whtsmoke
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via Yahoo to whtsmoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberbeast View Post
Cabela's fall has been long and sad. Just another ugly box store with no soul and prices that are laughable. Depressing to even go in one.

The 512 in 22WMR is an excellent rifle. Very accurate, once you get used to the less than excellent trigger. I like the beech stocks, they are at worst functional, and when the grain pops -- they can actually be spectacular. But the accuracy of the 512 in 22WMR makes it an "interesting" gun no matter what it looks like.
Bass Pro isn't much better and since they bought out Cabela's its like walking into Lowe''s and seeing things that says Craftsman. I bought two items yesterday at Bass Pro that were Cabela's boxes, I laughed when the kid asked me if I found everything I wanted and told him yes I found Bass Pro and Cabela's in the same building.
I ordered the Turkish Walnut American Beech is a nice looking wood if cut right, the Swedes made their military stocks out of quartered sawn Beech and they are nice looking, I have a Remington 22 bolt the same way.