Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

CZ452 Style vs CZ455

3K views 29 replies 21 participants last post by  Old_Sarg 
#1 ·
Folks if you had a choice, and I do, to either get an as new never fired CZ452 style( the stainless synthetic model) or a synthetic carbon stock 455 which would you get?

The catch is the 455 is running about 2/3 original retail cost but the 452 style is going for about 99% retail cost. :)

#4 ·
I'm with Basstar on this. The cost of the ammo you will shoot will quickly eclipse the difference in cost between the two rifles. So get the one you want to shoot. In terms of accuracy, in my experience it is a roll of the dice between the models. Most of my 452's have shot better "out of the box" compared to my 455's. But the 455's have been tweakable (and tweaked) to hold the clear advantage.

If it was me, and based on purely personal preference, I'd get the Style. I like stainless and the model is relatively hard to find.

#5 ·
The Style is not stainless, it is electroless nickel, still very rust resistant. They are excellent rifles and if it appeals to you I'd go with it as they have never been plentiful and have one of the best synthetic stocks around. The butt pads are very soft and its not unusual for them to deteriorate quite significantly but that is repairable.

#6 ·
Folks if you had a choice, and I do, to either get an as new never fired CZ452 style( the stainless synthetic model) or a synthetic carbon stock 455 which would you get?

The catch is the 455 is running about 2/3 original retail cost but the 452 style is going for about 99% retail cost. :)
Both rifles will probably be equally accurate, and both will be equally reliable, so it would depend upon which one which one looked the "best" to me. :D

If I did a lot of outdoor shooting in the rain, then it would be the 452.

#11 ·
No question, I’d get the 452 Style. It’s not stainless, but a “nickel” finish. Very durable and attractive. If it’s the only nice rimfire you may own, get the best you can.

#19 ·
I have five CZ rimfire boltguns, the SS 455 is the worst-shooting one of the bunch. It isn't bad, as such, it just doesn't shoot as well as the other rifles.

The only 452 Style I have seen, had the pad disintegrating on it when I looked at it. I have to presume it was an earlier rifle.

That said, I think I'd jump all over the Style, as I like them a lot. I like the 455s, too, but the 452s are awfully nice.

#22 ·
Lovely looking rifle. Fellas just wondering if the blued synthetic stock 452 was called the silhouette or are their a couple models fitting the description. Also wondered whether the recoil pad was more durable on the silhouette than the style

#27 · (Edited)
Well the replies sold me on the cz452 but I sort of went sideways and just bought a used but as new wood stock cz452 for about 2/3 the price.

Not sure what exact config is called but its got open sights, the hogback style stock , Schnabel looking fore end, must be at least 24" barrel. Standard lux or trainer or something I am thinking?

So I have a Cz452 again and as long as it shoots well its never getting sold.Currently travelling and once I have it home and scoped will take a few pics of it. I love the style pics and the idea of the cz american with the two action screws too, but there is something about the wood stocks with that rear sight ramp that does it for me too.

Thanks again for the replies all

#29 ·
Well the replies sold me on the cz452 but I sort of went sideways and just bought a used but as new wood stock cz452 for about 2/3 the price.

Not sure what exact config is called but its got open sights, the hogback style stock , Schnabel looking fore end, must be at least 24" barrel. Standard lux or trainer or something I am thinking?

So I have a Cz452 again and as long as it shoots well its never getting sold.Currently travelling and once I have it home and scoped will take a few pics of it. I love the style pics and the idea of the cz american with the two action screws too, but there is something about the wood stocks with that rear sight ramp that does it for me too.

Thanks again for the replies all
I imagine someone here would like to buy that Style if you'd like to post it's location.

#28 ·
It is a good (or dare I say rare) experience to visit a gun shop or two and find yourself with choices like that. I used to travel some and tried to take the opportunity for a bit of shopping. There were no smart phones, so; stops had to be planned ahead to keep on schedule. It is a lot easier now. I remember if I drove across MO, I could hit two Cabelas.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.