RimfireCentral.com Forums - View Single Post - High Design .22 Pistol - Help Needed
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2015, 09:31 PM
HSWayne
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Pistol

Mike,
Your pistol appears to be a nickel plated series 103 Sport King. A manual can be downloaded here: http://www.histandard.info/manuals/l.../0136D150R.pdf

John Stimson can tell you for sure from the serial number.

Magazines can be ordered from Brownells or you can buy used ones from eBay. You need to know what you are looking at on eBay, or you may end up with an older Triple K piece of junk. Your magazine is an original one, so you should look for one exactly like it. The round count numbers on the side of the magazine is the easiest way to tell an original from and aftermarket magazine.

Use standard velocity .22 LR ammo (i.e., CCI) in the gun.

I have used a Sport King with an Ultradot sight on it for Bullseye shooting. The only modification other than the addition of the mount and sight that I did to the pistol was to install an overtravel screw in the trigger. The gun compared favorably with the more expensive HS target versions.

To take off the barrel, remove the magazine, pull the slide back and use the slide release lever to hold it open, then use a 6 inch by 1 inch wood dowel to sharply rap the barrel release plunger to break it loose. Then push in the plunger with your thumb until you can remove the barrel. After you barrel is off, the slide can be removed by releasing the slide and letting it move forward and off the frame rails.

There is a wealth of information available on John Stimson's website. Just poke around on the various links, and use the search function on the forum for more information.