Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Walther Sportmodell Range Day

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  USCGret 
#1 · (Edited)
Just back in from some range time. The 1930's "sporterized" Sportmodell with Vortex Diamondback scope continues to impress...can outshoot my marksmanship skill level. Rifle was shooting great groups using RWS Target Rifle ammo, rested on simple/cheap Allen bags. When I bought this rifle I knew it had lost all collector's value, but wow--what a great rimfire that's fun to shoot and exudes quality. Yep, IMO, there's also great value in that. Tnx again to the RFC members on this forum that helped me ID the rifle several posts ago/below.

#2 ·
No surprise that it's accurate. :bthumb:

Like yours, my old Walthers show a preference for ammunition made in the Fatherland. These old Walther rifles, with their roller bearing triggers, were light years ahead of the competition. Great old rifles! I'm glad yours does not disappoint.

All the best---

BRP

#6 ·
I've had a Sportmodell V for about 9 years now. You're right the are a sensationally accurate rifle. I might need to dig mine out and have a clean, tidy up and a play.

#7 ·
Took it out again today. Using Geco Rifle the old Walther produced some very nice groups at about 20m. This is a great shooter....while I typically do not like original rifles to be 'sporterized', this one sure came out nice....a true joy on the range for a relaxed shoot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.