Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

It's been a good fall so far! (CZ + squirrels inside)

1K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Pigeon_Shooter 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I've been bringing a lot of these back to the house. They all seem to get eaten before they make it to the freezer though. :bthumb:

See less See more
#5 ·
most squirrels in my neck of the woods are black....a few grays...

I don't shoot any cause I don't eat any.... ..really just rats with tails to me.... bunnys are more tasty to me... when I go hunting small game, the 20 guage scatter gun is taken..

To me, CZs are for paper punching

Nice gun; is that a trainer? what does it shoot?

#6 ·
most squirrels in my neck of the woods are black....a few grays...

I don't shoot any cause I don't eat any.... ..really just rats with tails to me.... bunnys are more tasty to me... when I go hunting small game, the 20 guage scatter gun is taken..

To me, CZs are for paper punching

Nice gun; is that a trainer? what does it shoot?
It's a Lux. It really likes CCI subsonics. It likes them so well, and they work so well on squirrels, I really haven't bothered trying much else. I've shot some Wolf MT, shot about the same as CCI.

#8 ·
Good shootin....good eating

Just got an Ultra Lux a couple of months ago. Haven't had so much fun with a rimfire since I was a kid. Haven't even thought about breaking out any of the shotguns for squirrels since I got it. Really makes it a challenge to pop their little noggins with the irons as well. Neat thing about the CZ's ,if you miss you don't get to blame the rifle.:bthumb:

#10 ·
Just got an Ultra Lux a couple of months ago. Haven't had so much fun with a rimfire since I was a kid. Haven't even thought about breaking out any of the shotguns for squirrels since I got it. Really makes it a challenge to pop their little noggins with the irons as well. Neat thing about the CZ's ,if you miss you don't get to blame the rifle.:bthumb:
Yeah, this rifle leaves me with no excuses if I miss.

#9 · (Edited)
Nice rifle, nice shooting, and a very good photo. Your Lux looks like it has barber poll stripes like my American has.

If it might ask, what range and conditions did you shoot those squirrels in? Around here today it was 65 F for a high and around 30% humidity. A nice early fall day, but a bit on the breezy side. My CZ's seem to like this weather better than hot humid summer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.