Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

RIMFIRE CHALLENGE

4K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  Guitar Slinger 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi guys...just a note to say that effective 1 January 2018, Ken Jorgensen, who recently retired from Ruger, and I will launch the Rimfire Challenge Shooting Association and be taking over administration of the RIMFIRE CHALLENGE from NSSF.

We're pretty excited about this...Ken and I, along with the late Nelson Dymond, created the RIMFIRE CHALLENGE some 10 years ago, sitting in a hotel after the Steel Challenge in CA. It is a wonderful sport, and we have been thrilled at its growth over the years.

We'll be having some big announcements at SHOT, and I would like to invite everyone here on Rimfire Central, where I've been a lurker/member for years, to come out to a match. I promise, you will have Big Fun!

My current RC setup is a Tac-Sol X-Ring rifle with a left-side bolt handle (zebra paint job by the GREAT Kurt Grimes, who also hosts the Rimfire Raceguns group on Facebook) and a Vortex Venom red dot and a Ruger Mk-IV with a C-More in a John Allchin mount.

I just finished building up, with invaluable help from Scott Volquartsen, a Ruger 22/45 Lite on an aluminum Volguartsen frame. Right now I've got an old Burris Fast Fire on it, but I've recently become enamored with Ultradots, so popular with bullseye shooters. Little gun shoots irrationally good.

[In the interest of full disclosure, Ruger is a long-time sponsor of my various OUTDOOR CHANNEL television series. Tac-Sol, Volquartsen, Vortex Burris and C-More Abe NOT currently sponsors, although God knows I would take their money!]

Michael Bane
OUTDOOR CHANNEL:)

See less See more
#2 ·
Steel Challenge

Having never practiced nor shot a Steel Challenge event in all of my 61 years, I decided to give it a go this past weekend. Dave Parker of the Harvard Sportsman Club put on an 8 stage event, (well done by the way) and I am proud to say I did quite well in the rimfire rifle open class. I had the boys at Clark Custom Guns in Louisiana make me a 10/22 a couple of years ago and it worked flawlessly. So good in fact, I ordered another from them to have as a backup. Point of all this is, I'm hooked, and will be attending both Steel Challenge and Rimfire Challenge events all along the East Coast from here on out. Hope to see you soon Mr. Bane.

#4 · (Edited)
I procrastinated when this was the “Ruger” Rimfire challenge. I was very interested, it looked like a blast. There was lots of exposure in all forms of media. The social aspect alone was enough to participate. Unfortunately as we hear many times, family and work took up my time.

I did the same thing by procrastinating when it was NSSF. Now that it’s RCSA, it seems to have lost a lot of its glamor and exposure. The website is basic form fill in with a lot of dead links. The logo appears to be basic publisher drawn in a hurry. Most of the range websites appear to be going to “steel”. Now that I find time in my life to participate, what happened to this great family sport?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.