Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Marlinitis

18K views 127 replies 36 participants last post by  Bigdog357 
#1 ·
Well I started with an 883 then a 336 35 rem then a 39 well I had to let the 39 and 336 go but now that I am more stable financially my collection grows. Now I still have the 883 an 881 a 60 a 99m1 a 336 44mag and as of today a model 25. Now if only I could find a site as good as Photobucket and as easy to use to post with.

#32 ·
D.I.Y.

:eek:man:The beauty of the rimfires is you don't have to be a rich man to play, the Marlins are one of the best examples. A 100 dollar rifle with some fluff and buff, some attention given to the triggers, some attention given to the action and barrel bedding if finicky and not shooting well.

I encourage all the up and coming infected ones :silly:to be on the look out for that old JM stuff. Get handy..learn how to redo the stocks..learn how to cold blue..bedding technique,temporary or permanent, I guarantee you that you'll have a blast. Iv'e sold off new ones to keep my own personal renovated ones. Iv'e even sold some of my renovated ones, all excellent shooters, the people were very pleased with their rifles.. and made enough to buy another old beater (well, not too beat):eek: to bring back to life :)

Companies and outlets out there sell all the parts to help you bring it back-

Enjoy to the fullest :t

pipestone:yippee:

#34 ·
I think I might have a touch of marlinitis as well. Somewhere around 15 and counting. Smallest is a papoose (well, 3 of them actually), up to a JM 45/70, with a 30-06 MR-7 and a whole bunch of other cool ones in between.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

#45 · (Edited)
I have been a Marlin fan for years and years. I have the following:

336A .32 Win
336 30-30 Win
81TS .22
60 .22 (Glenfield Squirrel stock)
25 .22 (Older 1/2 moon style clip)
783 .22 mag

Looking for a 444 and a nice 39...saving my pennies

I also have three 15YN rifles living in my safe. They belong to the three grand daughters and we pull them out when they visit.

#55 ·
Another .22 Mag

Have a great stainless/laminated 983 Marlin that shoots tight groups. I said that would be the last .22 Mag rifle I would get....well, found an excellent 783 with Weaver K4 scope for $150 today, couldn't resist, put on layaway. I rationalize by saying that nice JM guns will go up in value....

#58 ·
View attachment 165089

I've been taken by the affliction again. I know I know it's not a bolt action but. It sure is a gorgeous Marlin 22 mag. Signalman I found the semi to get you to buy one.
Sav99fan sir your killing me...what a beautiful rifle...:gun4: :gun4: :gun4: I am going to add your rifle to my screen savers...by the way what model is this...so just in case I get a wild hair and want to start looking for one. :rolleyes:

Signalman :mad::):D

#62 · (Edited)
Sorry about that...but Sav99fan is becoming an ENABLER big time and what a great picture he posted...I did not even know Marlin made those. I looked on GB and no listing at all. He is one evil man :p posting a beautiful rifle like that even the reflection off the hood looks great. I guess it's only fair when I posted my 983 Fleur de Lis rifle. Now I on the hunt for one....but I don't think I will find one very soon that looks as good as the one he has. :(

But I do know somebody on here that has a nice one for me to droooool over :rolleyes: it's already in my Screen Saver collection. :bthumb:

Hey Sav99fan sir what rings are you using...I did not look to close at the picture...does it have a groove or is it drilled and taped ? Do you have any close ups of the scope/ring setup....would love to see it here or in a PM...send me even a bad picture of the left side of this rifle...you got me all excited. Dog gone it. How does it handle...how do you like it...strong points ?? Thanks :bthumb:

Edit: I took a better look at the ring/scope set up...I am good with what you posted...what is inside the trigger guard ??

#63 ·
Air gun Trigger Shotgun Machine gun Gun accessory

Office equipment Trigger Office supplies Laptop Air gun

Hood Wood Bumper Automotive tire Automotive exterior

Signalman they are just some cheap rings I had laying around the house. It's drilled and tapped. But it's heavy but handles beautifully. The trigger pull is creepy and heavy but manageable. It uses its own magazine and will not work with the bolt action 22 mag magazines. It's smooth operating and has a manual bolt lock back. Oh and the lever in the trigger guard is the safety like a mini 14. If you go into the semi thread and look at my 922m thread you can see some groups. It will shoot. I haven't found anything I dislike yet.

#64 ·
Sav99fan sir thank you for the extra pictures and info...I like that...looks like a real Marlin if you know what I mean. Built like a tank and looks great doing it...it's calling out to me pick me up and lets go kick some tail :gun4: :gun4: :gun4: :D I can see if I was a rancher and needed to protect the hen house or some young live stock...this little war machine could lay down the right amount of firepower....not too loud but deadly. :D

#68 ·
��������. If it helps I'm still looking for a 983 Fleur de lis. The way it looks I'll be looking for awhile.
If your luck is anything like mine one will pop up right after you buy something else...that is the way my life has gone. :rolleyes:

By the way what caliber are you looking for ?? if I find one. :D that stock was on different calibers long time ago.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.