RimfireCentral.com Forums - View Single Post - TOZ 78 - Tula, Winchester Wildcat 22 (aka TOZ 78-12), Optical Sights, USA Peep Sights
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2006, 07:33 PM
aom22
US Air Force Disabled American Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Info from website
http://www.classicarms.us/
THE SWISS ARE KNOWN FOR WATCHES, CHOCOLATE AND THE PRECISION WORKMANSHIP, HIGH QUALITY AND ACCURACY OF THEIR K-31 RIFLES

Manufactured at the Eidgenossische Waffenfabrik, Bern (EWB) Switzerland. K31 straight-pull bolt rifle, crown jewel of the Schmidt Rubin family and vastly superior weapon to the earlier Schmidt Rubins, has an outstanding reputation for accuracy as its double stage trigger has a consistent final let-off of about 3 1/2 pounds. You can consistently achieve minute of angel groups. An outstanding Infantry Weapon of Swiss Defence Force was in service until it was replaced by SIG M57 select fire assault rifle. Standard front post sight adjustable for windage, rear conventional military tangent type graduated from 100 to 1,500 meters. Semi-pistol grip stock with a sling bar let into the left side of the butt, 6 rounds detachable box magazine
I AM REALLY EXCITED ABOUT THESE. WE JUST RECEIVED A VERY SMALL SHIPMENT OF K-31 SWISS STRAIGHT PULL RIFLES. NOW IF YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THESE RIFLES YOU KNOW THAT THEY HAVE BASICALLY BEEN KNOWN AS THE UGLY RIFLES THAT ARE REALLY ACCURATE. HECK, THE INDUSTRY EVEN COINED A PHRASE ( BEAVER CHEWED STOCKS) TO DISCRIBE THE TYPICAL CONDITION OF THESE RIFLES. SO YOU CAN IMAGINE MY SKEPTICISM, WHEN ONE OF THE SMALLER U.S. IMPORTERS CONTACTED US AND SAID THEY HAD JUST BROUGT IN A SMALL LOT OF THE NICEST K-31 RIFLES EVER IMPORTED.THE PRICE WAS MORE THAN WE WERE ACCUSTOMED TO HOWEVER WE WERE TRIPLE ASSURED OF THE QUALITY, AND THE OTHER IMPORTERS WERE ALL OUT, SO WE DECIDED TO GIVE THEM A TRY. THEY ARRIVED TODAY, AND WE WERE VERY PLEASED. THESE ARE THE NICEST K-31'S WE HAVE EVER SEEN. THEY ARE NOT BRAND NEW BUT I WOULD RATE THEM AS A HIGH, VERY GOOD SURPLUS CONDITION. THE STOCKS SHOW A GLOSS FINISH WITH SOME MINOR HANDLING AND STORAGE MARKS. THE BLUING IS PROBABLY 85 TO 90 % WITH MOST OF THE WEAR SHOWING ON THE SHARP EDGES. BORES ARE IMMACULATE. MOST, BUT NOT ALL HAVE MATCHING #'S ALL THE WAY AROUND INCLUDUING THE MAGAZINE , AND SOME EVEN HAVE THE ORIGINAL TROOP I.D. TAG UNDER THE BUTTPLATE. (DON'T KNOW WHAT THE I.D. TAG IS. THIS IS REALLY NEAT GO TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE FOR THE PHOTO AND THE REST OF THE STORY..)
ALL ARE BASICALLY THE SAME CONDITION WISE BUT WE ARE SELLING THEM AT 3 DIFFERENT PRICES BASED ON YOUR WANTS & NEEDS

Last edited by aom22; 10-31-2006 at 07:42 PM.