RimfireCentral.com Forums - View Single Post - Got another vudoo on the way
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2019, 01:45 AM
flatlander
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Cuzz - I've owned a couple of CMP 40Xs converted to use the V-22 magazines for several years now - did fairly heavy 26" sendero Benchmark & Lilja bbls for both, and put another sendero (this one only 22") on my 1st V-22 action. So I also wanted a lighter weight sporter V-22. I ordered a Manners EH2 stock & a V-22 bbl'd action at the same time, the action was supplied with an 18" ACE bbl in their Ranch contour. Completed with an Athlon Midas TAC 6-24x50 scope & Jewell HVR trigger, it weighed 8.75lbs. It shot great, no issue with accuracy at all. But I didn't care for how far to the rear the balance point was, and so bought a Krieger #4 sporter blank, turned the shank down from 1.25" to 1.1", and finished it at 22". That added a pound, up to 9.75lbs, but it now balances just ahead of the magazine, nearly perfect for carrying. Not as light as a Rem 541T or other traditional sporters, but still considerably lighter than the 13.5lbs the other two V-22s weigh with heavier 22" bbls & bigger 34mm scopes for match use. This is a photo of it before I CeraKoted the Krieger in graphite black. The Elite Hunter line of stocks are all built on carbon fiber shells, so are pretty light - this one is finished in molded-in GAP camo.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_1211.jpg (352.0 KB, 5 views)