RimfireCentral.com Forums - View Single Post - Green Mountain finally has some of their 20" Sporters back in stock
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2019, 11:29 AM
Calamity Sue's Husband

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toomany22s View Post
Had mine at the range today. First time out. Broke it in with a box of Aguila SV. Got a little Redfield 14x on it and a JWH bolt/ handle and a Bx trigger. Zeroed at 50 in 5 shots and the other 45 , 5 shots into 9 1 inch stickers with room to spare.

It’s gonna be another shooter! I am really pleased with the GM barrels I bought from Rimfire Sports last winter. This one , the 17 in HT, and the 28 in bull and the Running Boar.

If you can’t find a walnut DSP stock, S&P still has beech ins for $75.00, and Walnut Mannlicher stocks for $200. Don’t forget code RFP for a 5% discount! or for something different the Tony Mele stocks are very nice., just put some new ones on eBay, under glenlvt.

As for a trigger , while the bx is fine, I have a brimstone tier 2 , and it is really nice! Sent in a Bx but haven’t heard back yet.
My first two rugers, a Sporter Deluxe and 1264 Mannlicher, triggers were reworked by Brimstone. This is 8-9 years ago. They are excellent, esp. the mag release. Smoothest in the business.

However, it's still a .... cheaply constructed plastic trigger. When I was "fixing up" Calamity's 11165, I bought her a Kidd trigger. Yes, they aren't cheap. But the quality is definitely there. I am thinking about ordering another one, as they are on sale both at coolguyguns and Kidd's eBay store. Usually the eBay store is more expensive, probably due to the eBay sales and or eBucks program. But they are the same, on sale for $200. I just received notice of 8% eBucks back for the next two days. It's for invited guests only, as these usually are. This means another $20 off on a Kidd trigger for me, making it $184 delivered, counting on the $16 eBucks. I do a fair amount of buying on eBay so it will be used. No tax, free shipping. Not great, but not bad either.

Glad to hear you like your GM barrels. Not surprised though. This week I'll be putting in a 20" sporter into Calamity's 11165. She shot my 11165 with the new barrel and not only was it more accurate, but shot even the hated Fed ammo reasonably well. The Fed 710/810 Game Shok even out shot her favorite CCI Tacts this week. The Fed HV Match still sucked. At least they shot, though all over the place. Thankfully I don't have many. The Game Shok I'm loaded with. As I mentioned in the ammo section, we also shot over 200 Rem GB's with no problems at all, and even decent accuracy. But this shoots well for us in all our rifles when compared to bulk hv's, not sv's.

Both links are below.

https://www.ebay.com/str/Kidd-Innova...ecat=767692019

https://www.coolguyguns.com/KIDD-Sin...p-In_p_29.html

Last edited by Calamity Sue's Husband; 07-29-2019 at 04:04 PM.