RimfireCentral.com Forums - View Single Post - very disappointed in new standard MKIV 6"
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2018, 04:15 PM
pistolboo

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon p View Post
from what was done to fix it, it was really a mess ! the gunsmith noted that he replaced bolt stop cross pin retainer, grip frame,grip frame lug/bumper ball, magazine latch/screw. items repaired, barrel .then it was fired 50 times with 2 different brands of ammo,zero malfunctions. pistol was targeted 10 rounds CCI std velocity 40 grain lead.15 yds bench rest, iron sights. accuracy is with in factory specs. I will say it SURE IS, target shows 10 shot group one small ragged hole, about 1/2 to 3/4". I am a happy camper to say the least ! my "patterns" to begin with were 10 shots with a good 6-8" spread , good ammo with a solid rest 2 hand hold at 15 yards. I will get it to the range ASAP, looks like it WILL BE A KEEPER now. I am not going to even change the grips or firing pin until I try it. when I clean it I will add my basket weave Altamont grips AND the TK titanium "one hole" firing pin. I have a optics rail, I think I will add a reflex style red dot I already have. my old eyes just do not work too well any more with irons ! this has been a good end to an un happy new pistol purchase, BRAVO RUGER C/S, you made me 100% happy !! handled well, very professional , and didn`t cost me one penny. they even included a free yellow Ruger polishing cloth in the package.
That is a good result but disappointing that Ruger would supply such a basket case in the first place, us foreigners don't get any factory service at all. Can't see any reference to the magazine drag problem, is that OK now?