Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Watering Hole 10-11-2021

13K views 421 replies 44 participants last post by  Rhody 
#1 ·
Howdy folks and welcome to this weeks voyage to TWH and the exploration of all things drivelworthy!!!

Enjoy!!!

R

See less See more
#271 ·
Well in the mayor's honor goodnight All.

Goodnight Gigi, Sophia, Marylin, Al, Rhody, Don, mdew, wook, blackwolfe, Alum, GF, Sail, TD, Szumi, COW, Wayne, Gobb, Ranger, Hawkeye, Atonic, W8LON, Darkest, pans, efly, Phil, TinCan, Greggie, Mike, Rock, dlong, Gerald, M92, AZ, Tricks, Brent, jnyork, OldDave, nfcracin, GP, JDWin, Whip, RichJ, squirrel, syfr, JVStalin, zenaca, 404, Wade, koonta, OldSwede, acheyj, vlnbyr, rosscoe, arjay, Flys, wr, labratt, RonL, 1917, Carrij, Mikey, JimWY, Johnny, rj, Rick, calibrian, LASTSHOT and all the rest.

Sleep tight :sleeping:

Sent from my 9029Z using Tapatalk

#273 · (Edited)
Meeting at the gun club. Didn't have a quorum until 30 minutes past go time. Didn't have anything to address.

I had a couple hot dogs before the meeting and two more when I got home. Way more than normal as I'm trying to lose weight.

Just read about the Mayor's passing. Sadness.

Playing with my allsky camera. A short clip.

Tears.

#274 ·
Sad news indeed. He was an energetic, joyous, and incredibly civic minded man always thinking of others and what he could do for his community. I'm sure he will be missed by all who had the fortune to share in his life. His passing is another reminder to give flowers to the living.

here beginneth the rant

Listen up, grognards -- we all want to get to heaven but ain't no sense in being in a hurry about it. If you're not feeling well don't dick around. Get yourself to someone who can help you figure out what is going wrong so you can get on the right track sooner rather than later. Yeah, we're all gonna die but let it be in your sleep 'cause you're just worn out and not because you didn't heed the warning signs something wasn't right.

/ here endeth the rant

#293 ·
Sad news indeed. He was an energetic, joyous, and incredibly civic minded man always thinking of others and what he could do for his community. I'm sure he will be missed by all who had the fortune to share in his life. His passing is another reminder to give flowers to the living.

here beginneth the rant

Listen up, grognards -- we all want to get to heaven but ain't no sense in being in a hurry about it. If you're not feeling well don't dick around. Get yourself to someone who can help you figure out what is going wrong so you can get on the right track sooner rather than later. Yeah, we're all gonna die but let it be in your sleep 'cause you're just worn out and not because you didn't heed the warning signs something wasn't right.

/ here endeth the rant
Me thinks this young lady knows us to well.

#275 ·
Meeting at the gun club. Didn't have a quorum until 30 minutes past go time. Didn't have anything to address.

I had a couple hot dogs before the meeting and two more when I got home. Way more than normal as I'm trying to lose weight.

Just read about the Mayor's passing. Sadness.

Playing with my allsky camera. A short clip.

Tears.

#282 ·
Thanks Al, don’t know the specifics other than found. He lived life like a cat and used up most of those lives with a shotgun accident at age 12. He tripped over a bean pod pile walking back to shoot squirrel and had his 12ga go off into his lower jaw. Surgeons rebuilt the missing jaw with pieces of his ribs. That was 45 years ago. One tough guy!

#283 ·
Mr. Eagles cancer was very similar to my fathers second bout. Dad had a total laryngectomy in the mid 1990's followed by dozens of radiation treatments, and survived that bout. In 2012 he was having pain in and around one shoulder, thinking arthritis. The pain wore on and on, and our family doctor did some X-rays. It was not arthritis, it was lung cancer in an upper lobe of the right lung and had already involved lymph nodes and surrounding tissue. I don't remember how many radiation sessions Dad went through; he had just barely gotten through them when he died in December of 2012.

Both tough men who loved life and fought to the last. Will be forever missed by family, friends and business colleagues alike.

#284 ·
WRAL Chan. 5 in Raleigh released this about 30 mins. ago...neither Frank nor I were big Fans of this station but so far its the first News outlet that's posted anything.

WAKE FOREST, N.C. — Former Rolesville Mayor Frank Eagles died on Thursday.

The town's current mayor, Ronnie Currin, submitted a post about on Facebook about Eagles' passing.

"With great sadness, Mayor Frank Eagles passing this morning was a shock to the Rolesville community. I worked along side of him for 18 years. Many of you have known him even longer."

Currin said Eagles 'leaves a great legacy' with his contributions to the town.

WRAL is reaching out to town officials for more information and reaction.

#296 ·
Don't know what else to say right now other than Goodnight Mayor. R.I.P.

TWH has lost a great friend.

#299 ·
Condolences on your friend's passing, Lon
--

It was just too nice a day yesterday afternoon, so I went to the club and blastinated or tried to a hunnert skeets w/a 20 bore semi-auto Beretta and CYL choke. Loads were 7/8 oz new 9's in first yellow edition AA hulls w/the 'AA' in red and inside a 'box' on the hull's side. Had one that the brass had split on & would not chamber. Brass that old can do it [split/crack] in the cartridge box, it just age hardens. NBD. Its back home to be dismantled. I don't like putting live ammo in the trash. No records were set, but had fun. Pretty windy as well and moderate temps, so wasn't sweating and was glad to be rid of those old hulls, as they saw their best days a coupla decades back. Best box score was a 23/25. Got stupid on the others, but also did some practice mid field. I can stand some more. Tough, knowing whot yer supposed to do and then not executing it very well, but happy enough in my geezer dotage to be able to still go and come and laugh or give some target that keeps on flying a hand sign somewhot dif. from waving goodbye. ;)

Highlight was seeing an old friend for the first time in a ****'s age who had changed his phone # and that I'd been unable to make contact with because of that. He is 91 these days and appeared to be in good health. Probably had not seen nor spoken to him in around 18 months. Really made me feel good, seeing him again. :) He & his wife, when she was still with us, were constant life time shooters and both very accomplished trap shooters and bird hunters.
--

Found myself awake @ 3 A. It was due mostly to whot I'd have to call a bit of pain associated w/yesterday's multiple jabs, a bit of soreness around the flu and pneumonia pokes, nada on the Wuhan Pfizer vaxx locus. Can't say it was unexpected, but it took a while in arriving. I've treated it w/whiskey and it has mostly abated, but might could take several days before the tenderness around those injection sites totally dissipates. I should be okeh as long as no one punches me in the bicep.

Gonna try for some more zzzzzzzzzzz's. Coffee is still on me, once I get up and make it.

Figuratively, flying my flag at half mast, for the Mayor.

#303 ·
Well said Don, Frank had said several times he was going to come over this way and we would go to a very well known Hot Dog haven (Zack's in Burlington) but somehow it never came off. Frank did great work in Food security in his area, hopefully others will continue it.

It's apparent that for his many years there he was "Mister Rolesville" an unabashed promoter of the city and its residents, his absence will be greatly felt.

Aztarget I know he'd be pleased at your continuing his Good Night post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.