Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Show your Spyderco....

24K views 141 replies 29 participants last post by  j.r. guerra in s. texas 
#1 ·
Lets see your collections. I too have a spydie sickness, I seem to cherry pick now n-days waiting for a good deal. Enjoy! :bthumb:

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

See less See more
#36 ·
Here's one I've had for a number of years, a gift from a good friend. This is a lefty,
Model C19PSL.

One of the first knives I bought at a show was the large version of this, I carried it for a couple of years, sent it back to Spyderco for a fix up and sold it for more than I paid!

#46 · (Edited)
Yes! Well, it might be if the TSA ever allows knives back on planes. It's a neat little knife, but I wish Spderco would have left it without the trademark hole in the blade. I think the round indentations at the front of the blade (used for opening) make a nice faux spyder hole and it would look a lot nicer without the useless spyder whole near the tang.

#48 ·
I have a small Spyderco clan . . .

. . . and they are pretty much run of the mill models.

Here is a Byrd Firebyrd, interesting design, combining a removable BIC lighter and knife handle.

A Calypso 35 is my newest.

And that is pretty much it. Thanks for the pictures above - Spyderco is an innovative designer.

#52 · (Edited)
Arrived today. It may become one of my new favorites. It's a fairly hefty folder and on the large side with a 3.72" blade. It has a wire clip, which carries deep compared to the traditional clip. So, it remains nicely concealable and stealthy in the pocket. The bolsters are brass, so I'm not sure how they'll hold up in terms of tarnishing. I have always liked carbon fiber scales. Though I bet this would look nice with some high-quality wood scales.

The action is very smooth.

I dare say this is not a NKP or sheeple-friendly knife. It's got an aggressive look, no doubt. And, that makes me smile.

Of course, it came "hair-popping" sharp.

Here are some photos:

Compared to the Domino:
The Bowie is more "efficient" in terms of the closed length : blade length ratio.

Closed, the Bowie is only .22" longer than the Domino.
But, the Bowie packs a blade that is .59" longer than the Domino's.

#54 ·
Racer,
The Schempp Bowie is is nice looking knife, but a little bigger than I like to carry. It definitely has Ed Schempp's signature styling. Is the carbon fiber laminated over G-10 like that found on the Sage 1 and Chaparral 1?
It is on the big side of Spyderco folders. Not as big as the Szabo, though! I've got one of those, too. THAT one is too big for me to carry. :)

The CF is laminated over G10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.