58K views 219 replies 118 participants last post by  hrt4me 
#1 ·
Show em off folks,,,
Let's see them double-duece beauties,,,

This is Lucille,,,
She was my Mom's pistol.

See less See more
#177 · (Edited)
The Kart has been left as is for many years, but I'm thinking of swapping out the MS housing to an arched Pachmayr (if I can find another one LOL).
My .45s wear em.

And maybe even go w an extended slide stop and thumb safety. No need for a beavertail.

Serial number shows the frame to be a Colt reg from '67

#178 · (Edited)
Well here's a couple of photos of a few of my Colt rimfires FWIW:

A Colt 1971 New Frontier, sporting a pair of faux stag horn grips. It was my very first handgun.

A Colt Service Ace Semi-Automatic still with it's box, etc.

My only three Colt .22RF revolvers.Two New Frontiers, and one Due Tone Scout.

and can't forget the rifles now can we?

A Colt Stagecoach semi-automatic rifle with a Colt branded scope.

and a trio of Colt Lightning Small Frame rifles.

#188 · (Edited)
Here's a Colt that's been on my bucket list for many, many years. Finally I acquired a nice example in decent condition:)

It's a Colt Camp Perry Model, single shot, target pistol from the 1920's, back when the the United States Revolver Association (USRA) slow fire target competitions were being held.

The Colt Camp Perry Model pistol was based on the Colt Officers Model Target Revolver Frame as can be seen here:

They only made about 2,525 of them between 1924 and 1933, so I'm very happy to have secured a fine example of US shooting sports history.

#191 ·
Woodsman's

At the very beginning, I narrowed my collecting to only the first series 4-1/2" barreled sport models.
From left to right:
With replacement barrel
With straight tapered barrel and fixed front sight
With medium barrel and ramp front sight
With straight tapered barrel and adjustable front sight

I have a post war model not in the photo. I only need a half moon front sight 1933 model to end my collecting.

#196 ·
If I'm reading that right, your uncle purchased that while he was stationed in AK? If so, I'd purchase an archives letter hoping that it'd show shipped to AK when new. There aren't many AK documented shipped Colt's. Of course, this may only be interesting to me since I live up north. I've only seen one other Colt, a SAA, that lettered to Alaska in the early 60s.

#198 ·
Toxophilus I always wanted one of those. Back in the late 70s early 80s the local gun store in town would not order one for me. I wanted the Trooper and Ace told him if he got them I would be there in 5 minutes with cash. He was one block from my shop. I got the Ace later never got the Trooper but did score a Diamondback 22lr as a wedding present from my wife. Now the Trooper is out of reach $$ wise. Nice gun you have there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.