Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

GSG 1911 22

3K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  Catrucker 
#1 ·

Wish I could find another. My son turned me on to this gun. Said he was checking one out and everything felt like a real 1911 Government Model. I got lucky and my local LGS ( Sportsman's Warehouse) had one in stock so I went to look it over.

I liked the looks and feel of it. Another selling point is that it is 80 % compatible with standard Colt parts, so I bought it.

It is very reliable with Mini Mags, Blazers, Aguila Super Extra and just about any high velocity ammo I've tried. I replaced the barrel with a kit from CWA which helped in takedown and also gave better groups.

Magazines are easy to find. I bout 6 so I could shoot Steel Challenge Matches with it.

My son's birthday came along and he still hadn't found one. I gave him mine figuring I can always buy another. Well, I've been looking for 2 years now and everyone is out of stock. I'm going to keep trying but I may just buy the Colt ( Walther) model. It's now as compatible for spare parts but feels the same.

Just a story from an old man...

See less See more
#3 ·
I bought one several years and my son got off with it. Later I began to miss it and found one at the LGS a couple of years ago and haven't seen one anywhere since. Mine underwent a serious upgrade courtesy of Taylor Tactical and Burris FastFire. It shoots about anything including standard velocity ammo.

#6 ·
I bought the version with brushed “stainless” (stainless aluminum, anyway) flats. I got some fiber optic sights from Dawson Precision and one of ZR Tactical’s upgrade packages with Bushing, cone, guide rod and spring. Even with those upgrades, I have less into the pistol than the price of my last Buckmark. The GSG is my favorite pistol to shoot with iron sights. Great pistol at a great price.

#12 ·
EGW has them.

I ended up buying a Colt 1911 22 Gold Cup Trophy (Walther). After I got home from the range the first time I got an email showing the GSG for sale.

Timing is everything I guess.

I'm happy with the Colt. Adjustable sights, 12 round magazines, Pachmeyer grips. The GSG is a great gun but I'm liking the Colt now.

#13 ·
I came across one of these at a LGS recently with Mauser grips on it. I really liked it, if I had enough cash on me I would have brought it home, and they didn't take credit cards. My research on them since says they're pretty good, and have several models, including Sig. I may have to go back with cash!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.